How to find the cheapest flight to Taiwan?

Once the paperwork is done, you still need to book your air ticket to Taiwan since the teleportation system has not been invented yet. Wish Doraemon was real, right? XD

At first, I did not really know which airline is the best to go to Taiwan. But I always prefer a direct flight to minimize hassle and waiting time. From Indonesia, this condition does not leave me with much choices.

For a start, I always go to Google and type "cheap flights from Jakarta to Taipei" (you can change the city with your own city). You will see a lot of links provided as a result:

http://www.kayak.com/Cheap-Flights-Jakarta-to-Taipei.JKT.TPE.co.html
http://www.farecompare.com/flights/Jakarta-JKT/Taipei-TPE/market.html
http://www.utiket.com/en/flight-tickets/jakarta-cgk-taipei-tpe.html

I clicked all of them and did my research. I found out that more or less they listed the same flights with the same prices. So I suppose you can just click on one of the above links.

From Jakarta, the cheapest choice is to take our national airline, Garuda Indonesia. It's a night flight (i.e. departed at 23.45) and it will reach Taoyuan International Airport at approx. 6.15 AM the next day. If you are not a fan of night-time-flying, you can opt for EVA Air which is not as cheap as Garuda Indonesia but you will reach Taiwan around 20.00 - 21.00 ish at night.

My friends said there is an option to take China Airlines but based on my experience looking for a flight, somehow it never appear as one of the cheapest flight on the website. Hmm, weird. Probably it's just due to my timing.

The cheapest price that I got so far is around USD 300-ish with the usual regulation of max 20 kg baggage allowance.

Another thing to take note, you will need to spend approximate one hour to travel from Taoyuan International Airport to Taipei City by cab. Or bus. Well, the MRT line has not reached the airport yet, but the Taiwanese are building it at the moment, so just wait for it patiently. =P

To end this post, please enjoy the sunrise view from behind the wings. This was taken on my recent flight with Garuda Indonesia. =)




Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment