Burger and Cake Date at Patties & Wiches, Ngee Ann City

Sometimes when we are in Orchard, we really don't know what we are supposed to eat. I guess we are spoilt by choices but the choices...are kinda common because in Singapore, a lot of restaurants have branches at the other malls. So yeah, in summary, we are pretty bored by the choices available. And that's the reason why when a new restaurant opens, a snaking queue is always spotted at its entrance. #spoilt #firstworldproblem

Okay, let's go back to our adventure. When we were checking out the latest addition to Ngee Ann City (which is those area which is used to be owned by Kinokuniya), we spotted a new restaurant called Patties & Wiches. I initially mistook the word "Wiches" for "Witches" and was expecting some kind of Harry Potter's theme kind of food here. Hahaha.


Turns out Patties & Wiches offers burgers and sandwiches. Ah, I guess that's where the name came from. The casual restaurant is helmed by Japanese chefs. I am not really into sandwiches because I always thought that is the food that you can create yourself at home. So, I quickly move on to the burgers menu and ordered for myself a P&W Cheese Burger. 

Patties & Wiches Burger at Takashimaya

The P&W Cheese Burger comes out pretty simple. A mini portion of fries, tomato and cabbages at the side (they should increase the portion of the sides). The P&W Cheese Burger uses wagyu beef in the patties and hence, the exorbitant price of a burger at SGD 22. It tastes pretty good thankfully. 

P&W Cheese Burger at Patties & Wiches Ngee Ann City

Patties & Wiches also serves cakes which are created by the famous Chef Yamashita. I have heard so many good reviews about the slice cakes from Chef Yamashita but never have the time to visit his patisserie at Tanjong Pagar Plaza. We wanted to try Mt Fuji which is a Mont Blanc cake but to our surprise, that particular cake has been sold out that day. So we had to settle with Ichigo, the Japanese version of Strawberry Shortcake. 

Strawberry Short Cake from Chef Yamashita at Ngee Ann City

Just like any other Japanese cakes, Ichigo has lighter texture (like sponge). The cream and strawberry taste sweet but not too sweet. I guess the main thing that I like about Japanese cakes are the lighter texture which I hope will reduce my calorie intake when eating a cake. True? False? XD

Ichigo Short Cake by Chef Yamashita at Patties & Wiches

You can find Patties & Wiches at level 3 of Ngee Ann City. I don't think a reservation is required because so far I managed to walk in twice into this restaurant without reservation. 

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment