Singapore Eats: The Autobus, Downtown Gallery

Everytime I feel a bit down, I have the urge to write. It does not have to be something deep but I suppose I just to release my meh feeling into other kind of form. Probably one of the biggest culprit for my under-the-weather mood is the fact that I’ve gained weight.  That and the fact that the weather is kinda chilling today with the long and heavy shower of waters from the sky. While soup is probably the best choice for dinner, I ended up going for cold theme at The Autobus. 

Singapore Eats: The Autobus, Downtown Gallery
 
The first time my friend asked me to have lunch at the Autobus, I thought he was referring to one of the Transformers’ name. But after confirming that there’s no Transformer called Autobus (via the internet), I found out that the Autobus is a bicycle cafe at the entrance of Downtown Gallery (the entrance nearest to the direction of Tanjong Pagar MRT). 
 
The Autobus at Downtown Gallery Singapore
 
Although the Autobus probably serves brunch items on weekend, it offers salad/protein bowl on weekdays. If you ask me, the concept is a bit similar to the Daily Cut (and those healthy joints popping up across the CBD area of Singapore). The drill is the same, pick up a pencil/ pen and the order chit and start ticking away your selected items based on preferred size. The cheapest bowl at the Autobus starts from SGD 10 but currently there is a promotional voucher that you can buy from Fave (you need to install the app to use the voucher). The voucher let you spend SGD 7.50 for SGD 10 worth. Not bad, I love discount no matter how small it is. 
 
The Autobus ordering chit
 
While a lot of people are raving about the Daily Cut, I have only seen brussels sprouts offered on the ordering chit in the Autobus. I was surprised I fell in love with this one funky vegetable. Love works in a mysterious way I suppose. The cajun chicken which I pick goes well with the soy sesame sauce, brussels sprouts, edamame and the hidden brown rice underneath the whole other items. 
 
Cajun chicken salad bowl from the Autobus
 
I think the bowl served at the Autobus is pretty good although some people may prefer the Daily Cut. At least, the queue line at the Autobus is less daunting, especially for people like me who don’t really like to queue. Oh gosh, how am I gonna survive in let’s say, Japan, the land of orderly Q. 
 
The Autobus is located at level one of the Downtown Gallery and it opens from 8AM to 9PM daily except for Sunday. 

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment