Taiwan's Awesome Convenience Stores

I saw my friend's posting on Facebook about Taiwan having the highest density of convenience stores. I thought she was kidding...

...until I saw this. 7-11 and Family Mart located just a few steps from one another. And if you keep walking for roughly 5 minutes, you will see another convenience store, Hi-Life.

Taiwan Convenience Stores
Okay, there are everywhere but what's so awesome about the convenience stores anyway?

Right, the one thing that amazed me the first time I stepped into the convenience store is...it has oden (hot-pot dishes). I never see this before in other countries' convenience stores. Well, maybe Japan has it. But I've never been there so I don't really know.

Taiwan 7-11 Oden
I also love their onigiri. Easy to bring and eat. And yummy too. If you want to try pork floss (肉鬆/ Ròusōng) onigiri , you should buy that from Taiwan's convenience stores. I heard the Japanese don't really like pork floss. So I don't think they have these in Japan.

Taiwan 7-11 Onigiri
My favorite onigiri - pork floss with egg (肉鬆加蛋/ ròusōngjiādàn). =)

Pork floss and Egg Onigiri 7-11
Other than food, they also have a variety of drinks.

Taiwan 7-11 Drinks
Are you amazed yet? Taiwan's convenience stores also provide other services like bill payment, online booking for movies, train tickets or concerts.

And if you are staying alone and there is no-one at home to collect your packages, you can have it delivered to the 7-11 too. You can collect your packages there afterwards.

If you are bored at home and feels like hanging out somewhere cheap, you can hang out in the convenience stores too. 

Taiwan 7-11 Seating
The best part of all? They opens 24 hours per day. Even in the event of typhoon. Crazy but cool. XD

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment