Taipei Eats: Kao Chi, Yongkang Street

When you crave for something, I suppose you just need to go to Yongkang Street. My friend happened to crave for xiao long bao (I know, a bit too ordinary...=P) so we planned to go to the famous Din Tai Fung but..of course there's a long queue in front of the restaurant.

Since my friend can collapse anytime soon due to hunger, we decided to go next door, to Kao Chi.

Kao Chi Yongkang Street Taipei Taiwan


There are picture menu in Kao Chi so if you cannot speak Mandarin you can just pinpoint and order. If I'm not wrong, I think they do have English menu. 

For a start, we ordered the spring onion bun. 

Kao Chi Spring Onion Bun Taipei
We also ordered the pork and prawn dumpling (shao mai). 

Kao Chi Pork and Prawn Dumpling Taipei
Last but not least, the xiao long bao. Yum~~~~

Kao Chi Xiao Long Bao Taiwan
I really think Taiwan is the land of awesome xiao long bao and I haven't eaten a bad one ever since I've arrived here *happy*.

The easiest way to reach Kao Chi is by taking MRT to Dongmen Station and walk a bit from the exit there. 

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment