Singapore Eats: Curious Palette, Dhoby Ghaut

I can't believe it is already Sunday night now. Weekend comes and goes so quickly. I did not really like the fact that I have to work again tomorrow but at least I am grateful that my weekend seems to be quite productive. That if your weekend goal is (a) trying out new cafe and (b) dating bae. Initially I was planning to cut down my expense since I just got myself an iPad (which is awesome by the way!) but at the same time I feel like trying new cafe too and the temptation of the latter wins. Hence, here we are at Curious Palette, one of the eating place located along Prinsep Street right opposite POMO.

Curious Palette Dhoby Ghaut

Quick glance on the menu if you are interested. Based on Burpple (a popular foodie app used by many in Singapore), Curious Palette's most popular items are the Hotcakes. I am not really a fan of Hotcakes (due to their huge size) but it feels not right not to order the most popular item especially on the first visit. 

Curious Palette Menu

But at the same time, I feel like munching on something salty and these spam fries look so glorious. I used to eat spam and rice as a child and I remember I enjoyed it so much back then. Needless to say, bae and I finished the whole plate even before our Berry Ricotta Hotcake arrived. #spamlover

Spam fries from Curious Palette

It took Curious Palette a while (definitely more that the waiter-claimed-to-be-25-minutes) to serve the hotcakes to our table. At least, Berry Ricotta Hotcakes looks super pretty on the outlook. Taste wise, the hotcakes seem to be on the drier side. We started to wonder if we should ask for another portion of maple syrup but we tried not to cause we scared it will become too sweet. Bae prefer the hotcakes served at Atlas Coffeehouse though. I should probably try the mains next time but Curious Palette only serves dinner after 6.30PM so I better make sure I reach the cafe not before 6.30 or otherwise, I will end up munching spam fries again. LOL.

Berry Hotcakes from Curious Palette

Curious Palette's address:

64 Prinsep Street, Singapore

Opening Hours:

Mon - Thurs, Sun: 9AM - 10PM
Fri and Sat: 9AM - 12AM
Close on Tuesday

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment