10D9N Taiwan Trip: Rilakkuma Cafe, Taipei Part 1

"240 thousand miles from the moon,  we've come a long way to belong here."
  
It is not easy to find a place which we can get attached to but somehow, I do find some lingering attachment to the city of Taipei. It's probably running in the blood since my dad was actually Taiwanese before he changed his citizenship to Indonesia due to work. Kinda wondering why he did not decide to stay in Taiwan instead but if that's the case, I would probably not be around now. Guess all things happened for a reason.

While waiting for my friend to finish his audit work on Saturday (working as auditor is hard no matter where you are including in Taipei), my travel buddy and I were looking for a cafe to chill out and I happily suggested Rilakkuma Cafe because themed cafe is always fun to visit with a girl friend.


10D9N Taiwan Trip: Rilakkuma Cafe, Taipei

This would serve as guarantee too just in case my future hubby dislike all things related to cute character and hence he will not want to accompany me to do this kind of stuff. Okay, to be honest I was not really such a fan of Rilakkuma either but this kind of themed cafe is unique and popular in Taipei so it would not harm to visit Rilakkuma Cafe at least once in our lifetime. 

Rilakkuma Cafe at Zhongxiao Dunhua Taipei

Everything in a themed cafe features the themed character and since this time, we visited Rilakkuma's HQ in a way, his face is plastered everywhere including the menu. 

Rilakkuma Cafe menu book in Taipei

There are both savoury and sweet dishes to cater all kind of different taste buds. If only we came with an empty stomach, I would have chosen to order Rilakkuma sleeping under the omelette. So cute, really! 

Savoury dishes from Rilakkuma Cafe at Taipei

Desserts are mostly tarts and cupcakes. I am never a fan of cupcakes so we just zoomed in on the selection of tarts instead. 

Sweet dishes from Rilakkuma Cafe in Taipei

Once we have placed our order, it's time to look around. There are many Rilakkuma cushion scattered all around the sofas so chances are you will have these cushions to take picture with. 

Inside Rilakkuma Cafe in Zhongxiao Dunhua Taipei

You may also want to check out those goodies sold near the counter. Who knows the cafe sells limited edition stuff? 

Merchandise store at Rilakkuma Cafe in Taipei Taiwan

If you order the egg pudding, you can bring home the container too. Cute, eh? I was seriously nearly tempted to buy this but then again, my travel buddy reminded me that my luggage was already at 98% capacity. 

Milk pudding from Rilakkuma Cafe at Taipei Taiwan

Cutleries and cups/ plates/ bowls are available too but since I am not even living at my own home, all these things are deemed unnecessary for now. Haiz. 

Cups and plates from Rilakkuma Cafe in Taipei

Rilakkuma Cafe is located at: 

No. 3, Lane 248, Section 4 Zhongxiao East Road
Daan District 
Taipei, Taiwan

Opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 11.30AM to 9PM
Saturday and Sunday - 11.30AM to 9.30PM

Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment