8D Avia Japan Trip: Asakusa Temple and Kaminarimon Gate, Tokyo

.
8D Avia Japan Trip: Asakusa Temple and Nakamise Street, Tokyo
Crowded Nakamise Street in Tokyo Japan
Approaching Asakusa Temple in Tokyo
Kaminarimon Gate at Asakusa Temple in Tokyo Japan
Nakamise Street in front of Asakusa Temple in Tokyo
So I have finally decided to use my subliminal amount of leaves to go for 9 days 8 nights trip to Osaka. But when I think about Japan, I remember that I haven’t even finished updating my travel blog about my spring trip to Japan. Oh wait, that means I will be in Japan 2 times in a year, man, I should have gotten that multiple entries visa. But then, I only decided this trip like few days ago and you will need to have your air tickets ready for those two trips if you want to even try your chance to apply for multiple entries visa so yeah, that’s out I guess. 
 
Actually my last write-up about Japan was right about when I was about to enter Tokyo from Mt Fuji. You know you have reached Tokyo when you can see the view of Tokyo Skytree from your window bus. However, a visit to the top of Tokyo Skytree is never in any tour group itineraries in Jakarta so the bus continues to bring us to Asakusa Temple. We were in Tokyo on a Sunday and if you are wondering how’s the weekend crowd is like at Nakamise Street, the street leading to the main gate of Asakusa Temple, you will see head and head of human trudging toward the same direction. In other words, be prepared to get...well, squeezed with some strangers along the way. 
 
Our tour guide did not allow us to make detour or pit stop to buy food because she wanted to dismiss us right at Kaminarimon Gate, the main gate of Asakusa Temple. The main gate is actually pretty impressive but taking picture there without getting any photo-bomber in your picture needs superhuman skill. I did not even feel like trying, to be honest with you. However, if you are not intimidated by the crowd, you should give Kaminarimon Gate closer observation. The huge lantern is especially the famous landmark of Kaminarimon Gate and Asakusa Temple which seems to be the favourite photo-taking spot amongst tourists. 
 
If you are joining a tour, I recommend not to spend too much time at Kaminarimon Gate because there are a lot of food street to explore at Nakamise Street and its neighboring alleys. The problem with enjoying food street at Nakamise Street is that you are not allowed to eat and drink while walking along the street. I’m not sure if there is police to watch over you and summon you fine if you are caught doing that, but I suppose it’s just polite to follow other country’s law and regulation when you are in one. That, and I suspect the food vendor may just scold you right there (especially if they are not youngsters) for eating and walking at the same time.  

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment