Singapore Food Log: Kagurazaka Saryo, Vivo City

.
Singapore Food Log: Kagurazaka Saryo, Vivo City
Cha-nabe menu from Kagurazaka Saryo Vivo City
Desserts menu from Kagurazaka Saryo Vivo City
Beverage menu from Kagurazaka Saryo Vivo City
Signature parfait from Kagurazaka Saryo Vivo City
Kagurazaka Saryo’s signature matcha parfait
I was actually thinking of cancelling tonite’s dinner but then I remembered that my buddy won’t be around next week as she’s travelling to Taiwan. I decided to go on with the appointment despite my irritating cramp. Since I was not in really good mood with the cramp and last minute’s annoying email from someone in the office, we decided to eat something sweet at the latest addition of Japanese restaurant in Vivo City, Kagurazaka Saryo. The brand is brought into this tiny island by the same group who brought in Ajisen Ramen, Osaka Osho and Menya Musashi Ramen. Hmm, if I recall correctly, Kagurazaka Saryo is located at the exact location where Fruit Paradise used to be. 
 
In fact, both brands belong to the same group. This is proven by the fact that Kagurazaka Saryo offers the fruit tarts which are the special items from Fruit Paradise. Good thing for the fruit tarts lover I suppose. However, tonight we went for the parfait because it looks so good and it’s just the right size for sharing. There are two types of parfait offered by Kagurazaka Saryo. One comes with normal vanilla and matcha ice cream while the other one comes with soft served matcha. We took a while to decide between the two but finally we went for the cheaper one at SGD 10.90 before tax. We are frugal people hahaha. 
 
The presentation of the parfait seems to lack color but it’s probably because of the lighting too, I’m not sure why. The parfait comes with two scoops of ice cream (vanilla and matcha), 2 pieces of waffles, 2 pieces of mini sponge cake, 2 pieces of white mochi balls, 2 pieces of another type of mini square mochi, and matcha pudding/ jelly underneath the whole thing. Overall, it’s not bad although I can’t say it’s fantastic either. We do enjoy devouring it while talking about life in general, tough work, difficult people to work with and upcoming travel plan. At least it’s always fun to talk about travel plan although we don’t travel together this year with me haven’t been able to secure a permanent job. But let’s think positively and be grateful with our current situation no matter what. God will make a way.
 
I am quite curious with the rice/udon broth that Kagurazaka Saryo offers though. You just need to top up for 3 SGD to get the drink to come together with the meal. Hmm, that’s probably not so bad of a deal. I may come back for it next time I’m in the mood for soupy stuff. 

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment