Cheapest way to go to Taoyuan Airport from Taipei City

I know that Taiwan's international airport is not located in Taipei, so when I arrived for the first time, my friend and I immediately took a cab to bring us to our destination. First rule of taking a cab in Taiwan is...be prepared with the destination's address in both English and Chinese. I only have the English address of my destination with me at that time and the driver did not really know the place even when he can speak English. Luckily my friend's Mandarin is totally better than mine and she could roughly translate the English address into Chinese address. *phew*.

Other than that, the cab fare from Taoyuan International Airport (桃園機場/ Táoyuán jīchǎng) to the center of Taipei is approx. 1000+ NTD. Pricey! O_O.

I checked if there is any MRT line connecting to the airport and sadly, at the moment the line is not yet built (or in progress, I'm not quite sure). So the only way to go to the airport is by taking a cab or taking a bus. Obviously I was kinda dreaded the so-called taking bus when my Mandarin level is nowhere near basic. =P

But now, as my Mandarin has...improved (I suppose). Taking a bus is my favourite way to reach the international airport. Why? Because it's a lot cheaper than taking a cab. The cons is you need to drag your luggage to Taipei Main Station because the bus terminal is located near here. The bus fare will be 125 NTD (one way) and it takes roughly around 50 - 70 minutes from the bus station, depending on the traffic. 

This one amazing blog writes in detail of how to go to the bus station (i.e. Taipei West Bus Station) from Taipei Main Station MRT: http://taipeitoairport.blogspot.tw/2012/05/best-way-to-get-to-taoyuan-airport-from.html. 

Once you arrive at the bus station, you will see a row of shops and a ticket counter.

Taipei West Bus Station

Purchase the ticket for the express bus to Taoyuan Airport at Kuo Guang (國光) Bus Ticket Counter (most left counter).

Express bus ticket to Taoyuan Airport

And go to entrance no. 5 to queue for bus no. 1819 which will bring you to Taoyuan Airport.

Taipei Bus Terminal 5 to Airport

If you bring luggage, you can pass the luggage to the driver and he will give you a number to collect the luggage later on at the airport. The bus will go to Terminal 1 (1號航站/ 1 hào háng zhàn) and Terminal 2 (2號航站/ 2 hào háng zhàn) of Taoyuan Airport respectively. 

All you have to do left is to sit on the bus and wait until the bus driver tell you that you have arrived at the airport terminal 1 or 2. Easy right? 

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment