Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall, Taipei, Taiwan

You can call me a weirdo but Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall is one of my favourite place in Taipei. It's a good thing that it's located near to where I lived, two stations away from Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall MRT Station. Hehe.

Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall MRT Station
When I visited the MRT station for the first time, I took the wrong exit and to my surprise, I could not go to the other exit without tapping my MRT card again (which means waste money!). After asking the station guard (using broken Mandarin), it turned out that I need to obtain this pass from the guard and he/she will open his special door to let me pass to the other side. 

Pass Certificate CKS Memorial Hall Taiwan
Finally came out from the right exit (exit no 3) and welcomed by the glorious gate. 

Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall Gate
When you walk toward the memorial hall, you will see the entrance. At the side of the entrance, there is a stairs which lead you upstairs. It's tiring to climb the stairs but it's worth the effort. 

Entrance to CKS Memorial Hall Taipei
Because the view from the top is amazing. <3

View from the top of CKS Memorial Hall Taipei
Inside the memorial hall, you can see and read the history of the man called Chiang Kai Shek. For instance, this is his office. 

Office of Chiang Kai Shek at Memorial Hall Taipei
His awesome official state car. Which is also bulletproof. O_O!

Chiang Kai Shek Official State Car Taiwan
Oh hello, sir! You can see his statue at the level 4 of the memorial hall. At certain timings, they will hold the changing guard ceremony here. If I'm not wrong, it's on hourly timing from 10am - 4pm. 

Chiang Kai Shek Statue at Taiwan
The entrance fee to the memorial hall is zero. So what are you waiting for? =)

For more details, you can visit the official website here.

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment