5 ways for an INFP girl to move on from being treated like shit

Nobody like to be treated like a piece of shit of a piece of paper bag (like in Katy Perry's song), being thrown away after that particular somebody has no need of you anymore. I used to like a guy which is a fellow INFP, he was kinda stringing me around even though I 100% know that he knows that I like him. He texted me everyday and he did not bother to tone down his flirty-ness level in the message. In addition, we dated for a few times and yet, he did not make a real move to make the relationship official. I thought he was talking his careful consideration. But toward the end, it turns out he was just waiting for a better deal to come around. Once he found someone else to satisfy his love needs, he asked that person out and totally ditched me.


In summary, an asshole.

5 Ways for an INFP Girl to Move On from Being Treated Like Shit

It kinda threw me off because if you only know him by one glance, you will not be able to tell he's that kind, being so active in the church and all. I guess at the end of the day, I was probably saved from future trouble because our relationship is gonna be so painful if he only shows his rotten self after we become official. Blessings do come in disguise, I suppose. 

The thing is, I have invested so much time in this relationship (kindness level maximum being an INFP who love hard toward friends) and of course, being a normal human with normal heart, it stings when you are no longer even friends because the guy after all has no interest in keeping you even as a friend when he has no needs of you anymore. Geez. In times like this, being an INFP, I find that these are 5 best ways for an INFP girl to move on from being treated like shit by a guy:

1. Confront and cut off all contacts

Upon finding out his change in attitude when he found a new love, I decided that I am ready not to continue texting and seeing him anymore. I figured it's easier to get closure to avoid "what if" scenario playing around in my head so I made an effort to confront him  and ask if he's ever considering us being together. After knowing for clear that it was all along never in his mind (and yet he continues to flirt, asshole), I feel that I can cut him off better. Obviously since we probably still have to see each other occasionally, serving in the same church ministry and such, I think we can just be an acquintance and nothing more. 

2. Delete all his pictures or whatever shits he text you before

While this may sound a tad childish, you don't want to randomly scroll your phone and find the old picture of him, and hence reminding you of all the rage from the shit that you have gotten from him. After all, nothing good can be gained from exposing yourself to toxic. 

3. Talk talk talk to your support group

I hope you don't distance yourself from your girl/ guy friends when you are...uhh, pursuing potential. In times like these, your support group is really your BEST support. They will sympathize or even, empathize with you (by cursing him together, etc) since after all the problem is with him and not with you. My friends followed up with me the next day to check how am I doing and stuff and to be honest, I was very touched by their care. I made a mental note to treat each member of my support group better even in the event of chasing future love potential. 

4. Keep yourself busy

By any means, because your mind may be your biggest source of torture in this kind of adverse situation. Pursue your career, learn new stuff, go exercise, go meet friends, read book, or even google some forum when a lot of people sharing their same situation which occurred to them and see how they dealt with this issue. 

5. Pamper and love yourself

It's time to pamper and love yourself the most because if you can't love yourself, well the only other person who will love you is Jesus. So at least, not all hope is lost, you are still loved by someone. Since I am a believer, I do find some encouragement from listening to sermon video at youtube. Listening to encouraging songs may help too but please avoid those sappy songs which make you falling into utter despair. 

Hmm, actually I think all of the above may help not only an INFP girl but other type of MBTI personalities too. Hope you can move on with your life soon. After all, these jerks are not worth our emotion. Really.

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment