Singapore Food Log: Eggs ‘n Things, Plaza Singapura

I love eggs and thankfully it’s a good source of protein although obviously it won’t do you any good if you overeat eggs (and also other type of food). There’s a branch of Hawaiian restaurant, Eggs ‘n Things, located at the extension of Plaza Singapura. This restaurant has kinda piqued an interest in my mind and since bae wanted to watch the Avengers: Infinity Wars, we should fuel ourselves with eggs before fighting Thanos. Hehe. 
Oink Fel: Eggs n’ Things Singapore
 
Eggs ‘n Things has two type of menus. The first one is called the Grand Menu and this menu is available all day. This is where you can find it’s all day brung items such as omeletes, eggs benedicts, waffles and the famous pancakes with towering whipped cream. The dishes offered at Eggs ‘n Things priced in SGD20-ish. I suppose the standard price of restaurant in Singapore increases as time goes by. Coffee is available too here but I shall focus on the food menu this time. 
 
Eggs ‘n Things Singapore Grand Menu
 
The Dinner Menu is where you can find Hawaiian Loco Foods such as poke, rice, and loco moco (which seems to be hamburger patty served with rice + sunny side up). I am more interested in the eggs-based dishes compared to the rice dishes so I’m gonna stick to the Grand Menu this time. 
 
Eggs ‘n Things Singapore Dinner Menu
 
After placing our order, we have time to check out the restaurant. There are condiments placed at each table which consists of the three pancake sauces and a ketchup bottle. The sauces for the pancakes are strawberry, coconut and maple syrup. Too bad I was not in the mood for something sweet that day. Otherwise, I would have gone for that pancakes with towering whipped cream hehe. 
 
Sauces at Eggs ‘n Things Singapore 
 
Thankfully we don’t have to wait for long time for our food. We read from other people’s experience that the waiting time can be kinda long sometimes but our food came within reasonable waiting time. Although this is probably because we came here at earlier timing around 5ish since our movie is at 7pm. Bae wanted his eggs to be cooked in “over easy” way. This means the egg gets fried on both sides, but it’s not cooked for very long on the second side, so the yolk doesn’t get cooked through and stays runny. Besides the eggs, the Portuegese sausages served with a bit of salad at the sides and some potato cubes. 
 
Portuegese Sausage & Eggs from Eggs ‘n Things Singapore
 
My Eggs Benedict are also served with many potato cubes. Is potato one of stapple food in Hawaii? One of the key for a perfect egg benedict is the hollandaise sauce so I tasted a bit of the sauce first. It tastes pretty good so at least that’s one thing checked. 
 
Eggs ‘n Things Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon and Avocado
 
The egg is also poached perfectly although bae I suck at taking picture of a runny poached egg haha. I chose smoked salmon and avocado for the toppings of my eggs ben. The avocado turns out to be in the form of mash instead of slices. I would think slice avocado would be better for eggs ben but that probably make the price go higher since avocado is not cheap in Singapore. Bae tried a bite of my egg benedict and commented that ham is probably a better match to the dish compared to smoked salmon. Smoked salmon has a distinct flavor so it’s kinda hard to mix it with hollandaise sauce. Hmm, I suppose he may have a point there although I admit I still finish the whole thing (except for the potato cubes). 
 
Eggs Benedict from Eggs ‘n Things Singapore
 
 A lot of reviews mention about the blandness of the potato cubes but to be honest with you, sometimes I prefer them to be unsalted (and hence, bland). We are too spoiled with seasoned food here in Singapore so I figure an occasional break from the salt is good too. I would probably come back for the sweet pancakes if I have the chance. 
 
Eggs ‘n Things is located at: 
 
#03-79/83 Plaza Singapura
68 Orchard Road
Singapore
 
Opening hours:
 
Daily 10AM - 10PM
 

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment