Singapore Food Log: Paddy Hills

I first know of Paddy Hills because of a friend who works at National University of Singapore. Her boss is an avid fan of Paddy Hills and this is somehow surprising because I thought people in their 50s don’t really like cafe or something similar to cafe. Turns out I was wrong. I suppose we should not judge anybody’s taste by their age. Hehe. Anyway, Paddy Hills is located at quiet South Buona Vista Road. It is located that at the most left shophouse which have a bit of wall art at its side. 

Singapore Food Log: Paddy Hills
 
I did not make any reservation because Paddy Hills does not allow any reservation from 12PM to 3PM for their Saturday lunch slot. This is because it’s apparently the peak hours of the eatery. I was somewhat worried we had to wait for a long time especially because Singapore can be pretty hot recently. Thankfully, there was no queue when we reached the place around 1+. Paddy Hills’ is well-known for its ever-changing menu but I guess this is good. Because in order to survive the harsh competition of F&B industry in Singapore, one must keep on evolving. The small menu in front consists of the drinks while the bigger one behind has the food list. 
 
Beverages menu from Paddy Hills
 
The Brunch menu has a few new items which I have not tried before such as the Hei MAMI rice (on the 2nd page of the menu). However, Paddy Hills has also taken out some of the items which I like including the crab croissant. I suppose it’s time to expose tastebud to new flavour. 
 
Food menu from Paddy Hills
 
 I was kind torn between coffee or not-to-coffee but eventually succumbed to the delicious coffee served in Paddy Hills. Their iced mocha (SGD 7.50) taste so yumz especially on a hot weather. Pikachu agreed on my drink selection. Hmm, do pokemon drink coffee? What if they can’t sleep at night? Hmm. 
 
Iced mocha from Paddy Hills

 Soon after, the food that my friends and I ordered came to our table one by one. The first one to arrive is the Hei MAMI rice (SGD 23). Even though the chef from Paddy Hills use squid ink to make the rice black, it does not stain as much as eating squid ink pasta. At least during a romantic date, you don’t have to worry about stained-teeth disaster. The black rice is served alongside flap meat (150 grams) with onsen eggs and some garnishing on top of the rice. I enjoy this dish very much although I’m not sure if this dish is better off polished by sharing together with other people since there is a lot of mayonaisse used as garnish. 

Hei Mami Rice from Paddy Hills
 
The next dish to arrive at our table is the Canadian Pork Loin (SGD 26). I personally feel this dish is so-so but not sure if because if we leave it at the side for a bit too long as we busy polishing the Hei MAMI Rice. While the asparagus is nice (plus I seldom have the chance to eat asparagus), the whole dish fell a bit flat especially when compared to the Hei MAMI Rice. 
 
Pork loin from Paddy Hills
 
However, the ultimate best dish award that day got to be be awarded to the dessert, Berry Muffcake (SGD 23). Paddy Hills only have 2 kind of sweets on their menu, Vanilla Panna Cotta (SGD 15) and Berry Muffcake. My friend was already excited from the ordering point that she really really must have this Berry Muffcake because she heard it was so good. I initially had my doubt on dishes with the name of hotcakes because they tend to be a bit “jelat” (or too much) after few bites. Obviously, a dish with the word “muffcake” at the end of it makes me even more doubtful. Hahaha. But, when the dish arrived, we were swooned by the presentation of the dish. 
 
Berry Muffcake from Paddy Hills
 
The berry muffcake was decorated in a very elaborate and pretty manner. There are blackberry, cranberry, and white pearls which kinda remind me of bubble tea (but they are different from the bubbles used in bubble tea drinks). What looks like a block of butter at the top of the muffcake turns out to be coffee ice cream and I don’t know what kind of green powder (they are not matcha for sure) used on the top of these ice creams, but I can tell you this dish is SO GOOD. Do order them for sharing if possible because it is also pretty huge hahaha. 
 
Yummy Berry Muffcake from Paddy Hills
 
Paddy Hills is located at: 
 
38 South Buona Vista Road, 
Singapore
(Nearest MRT: Haw Par Villa MRT)
 
Opening hours:
 
Weekdays 10.30AM - 5PM, 6PM - 10PM
Weekends and PH 9AM - 5PM, 6PM - 10PM

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment