Singapore Food Log: Chulove Cafe, Vivo City

.
Singapore Food Log: Churros Night at Chulove Cafe, Vivo City
Flavorful long churros from Chulove Cafe
Price list for churros at Chulove Cafe
Mini churros with dark chocolate sauce from Chulove Cafe
Pistachio long churros from Chulove Cafe
I initiated to spend Friday night at Vivo City thinking to take pictures of those cute Tsum Tsum mid-autumn lanterns. But I did not know school holiday break has started and hence, Vivo City was swarmed with people, mostly families with kids. I don’t like super crowded areas and squeezing my way in with I don’t know how many other people kinda made me lose interest to check the cute lanterns. So I ended up chilling with my TGIF buddy at the new cafe in Vivo City, Chulove Cafe. 
 
The “chu” part of chulove seems to refer to Churros instead of kissing sound. And just like what the name refers, Chulove Cafe sells churros, cakes and drinks (coffee/ tea). I skip the drinks part because there’s no way I’m consuming caffeine at 8PM+. I will end up like an owl cuckoo-ing for the whole night until morning. There are three types of churros offered by Chulove Cafe: one is mini churros in a cup, the other two are round and long churros. Round churros kinda look like a donut made from churros while long churros is one straight long stick of churros. Both long and round churros are laced with sauce and toppings. The starting price of the churros seem to be 3 SGD. 
 
We tried a big cup of mini churros with dark chocolate sauce and one long Pistachio churros for our first visit to Chulove Cafe. The long pistachio churros is immediately served but since it has been laid at the display counter for I don’t know how long, the churros become a bit hard and cold. Meanwhile the mini churros need a bit of a waiting time before you can collect them at the counter. However, they taste nicer because they are fresh from the fryer. I prefer the mini churros to the long churros just because of the hot/ cold comparison I suppose but it’s important to eat churros fresh. I suppose Chulove Cafe will give people more option to rest their tired legs after wandering around Vivo City carrying their shopping bags. 
 
Chulove Cafe has replaced the now defunct Serenity. But since it sells churros which is a popular Spanish dessert, probably both F&B outlets are owned by the same people. Hope they can last in the fierce F&B competition in Singapore.

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment