Singapore Food Log: Tempura Ten Ten, Raffles City

.
Singapore Food Log: Tendon from Tempura Ten Ten, Raffles City
Menu from Tempura Ten Ten at Raffles City
Special tendon set from Tempura Ten Ten
Special tendon from Tempura Ten Ten
 
I am totally not a morning person so leaving house early is a rare occurence in my daily life. The problem is when there is something wrong with the MRT system in Singapore, my day is bound to start with a lot of hassle. Burned up more energy and wasted more time than usual to commute to office make me has to rush my work all the way to lunch time and oh gosh, it’s totally draining my energy (and probably my soul) to work like that. 
 
So it’s very important to have a meaningful lunch with someone to rant your day with, so here we are having our tendon bowl at Tempura Ten Ten at Raffles City. Thankfully the morning train fault did not affect CBD area during lunch hour so we could still commute to City Hall to have lunch at Tempura Ten Ten. There were no queue yet when we reached the restaurant around 12pm but the restaurant is slowly getting packed after 12.15-ish. 
 
Tempura Ten Ten does not have a wide variety of dishes in their menu because after all their main selling point is tempura. So either, you can have your tempura with rice or ramen. Alternatively, you can also go for their chashu ramen and even, unagi don but every unagi don in Singapore costs like a bomb. So I don’t really fancy having unagi-don here in Singapore. I opted for their Special Tendon because since we had made all the way to Tempura Ten Ten, we should try out its speciality. I don’t dare to order the spicy version because I remember the one from Kogane Yama can be pretty much spicy. 
 
The Special Tendon (SGD 13.80) is packed with a lot of fried ingredients from mushroom, seaweed, kabocha (i.e. Japanese pumpkin), sweet potato, meatball and two pieces of shrimp tempura. The meatball tempura is the best item amongst them all because it’s flavourful + filled with melted cheese. Whoo~
 
It can get pretty filling for one lady to finish although I got very greedy after the meal and went ahead with my desire to order brown sugar bubble milk tea from Muyoo. I ended up disappointed with the bubble tea though. Thank goodness the tendon was good. If you are Favepay-user, you can use the app to get 10% cashback for your next dining here. Quite a good deal if you frequently visit a certain restaurant. 

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment