Takeaway Review: Nishiki Tako, ION Orchard

.
Takeaway Review: Nishiki Tako, ION Orchard
Menu of Nishiki Tako, ION Orchard
Cheese bacon takoyaki from Nishiki Tako ION Orchard
Takoyaki from Nishiki Tako, ION Orchard
 There is new takoyaki stall in town. Ever since Gindaco Takoyaki has left Singapore, I’ve been deprived of good takoyaki so when I saw that there is a new takoyaki stall in town, I quickly checked it out. Nishiki Tako is located at level B4 of ION Orchard. It’s located in the stretch where Dunkin Donuts is located. There was only one person in front of me at 12+ on Friday afternoon so I figured why not giving it a try. 

Unfortunately, there is no seats/ eating area at Nishiki Tako so you can only order takeaway and eat it somewhere else. But no worry,  there are a few eating areas at level B4 of ION Orchard so I’m sure I could get one later on. I’m not sure if it’s because it takes a while to cook tako, but every order requires you to wait for 5 minutes. Not every customers are willing to wait because I saw some of them decided not to order after knowing about the waiting time. 

Five minutes, later my cheese bacon takoyaki (SGD 5.80) is finally ready for me to nom. But first, I needed to walk over for a few steps to the seating area in front of Watsons at the same level at ION Orchard. There are a few seats where people can sit for a quick break or quick meal like I did and good thing there is space for me to sit and consume my takoyaki. The paper bag that Nishiki Tako use is so nicely design, I feel like collecting it but I know it’s gonna be garbage in my room anyway. Okay, let’s focus on the takoyaki. Nishiki Tako is generous in the bonito flakes, seaweed and mayonaisse sauce. While I could not really taste the bacon, the cheese bacon takoyaki is pretty good, definitely better than WOW Tako (but then it’s also priced higher than the latter). Every order comes with 6 pieces of takoyaki. I’m curious about their premium aburi cheese and lava egg takoyaki which are both priced at SGD 6.50. Maybe I will try them out next time. 

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment