Arbite, Singapore

.
Arbite, Singapore
Arbite at Serangoon Singapore
Dinner at Arbite Serangoon Singapore
Rendang mac and cheese from Arbite Singapore
Pork chop from Arbite Singapore
 It has been raining so often in Singapore, I’m kinda reluctant to make a trip outside shopping malls. Hahaha such excuse I know. But one Saturday, bae and I decided to have a little adventure to Serangoon Gardens where the famous Chomp Chomp Food Centre is located. It was not easy to reach Serangoon Garden because you have to take bus trip from Serangoon MRT station and go few stops away until you reach the bus stop at the centre of Serangoon Gardens area. 

This neighbourhood has a few restaurants, cafes, a hawker centre and even a shopping mall (albeit small but it has some restaurants and cafes too). I could not really decide what to eat initiatlly but bae said the quality of food at Chomp Chomp may not be as good as what have been registered in his memory (not sure how long ago). So we decided to go for dinner at Arbite. The decision came quick because it started to drizzle as soon as we alighted from the bus. 

The dinner crowd has not really formed at Arbite around 6.40-ish so we did not have to wait for a table. What perks my curiosity upon checking Arbite’s menu is the fact that they have this dish called Rendang Mac & Cheese. I know how a regular Mac & Cheese taste and I’m not sure if the local twist of putting rendang (hmm, it’s some kind of spicy meat dish, usually beef) in mac & cheese will work. However, since I have not tried this rendition of mac and cheese before and I’m always up for challenge as long as it’s not disgusting or too raw for my liking, I decided to order it. Bae has decided to order something less peculiar, Pork Chop. 

The rendang mac and cheese surprisingly taste pretty good although it becomes a bit too much upon a few bites, bae has to help finishing at least the meat pieces. Arbite is pretty generous with the amount of meat they throw inside the mac and cheese, really. It comes with a small side of greens (which I suddenly forgot what’s it called). Bae’s pork chop taste good too and since it did not make him super-full, he has enough tummy space to spare to help me eat waffle and ice cream from our next stop, Little Wimbly Lu. After all, we had travelled all the way here, it’s such a waste not to try as many things as possible, right? 

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment