Mellower Coffee, Singapore

.
Mellower Coffee, Singapore
Mellower Coffee at Bugis Singapore
Waiting for my coffee at Mellower Coffee
Citrus tart and chai latte from Mellower Coffee
Sweet rain coffee from Mellower Coffee Bugis
It has been raining lately in Singapore so it seems to be a good time to hide yourself in a cafe while looking at the wet window (if you are able to secure the seats near the window though). One of the cafes in Singapore which gives you the chance to do that is Mellower Coffee. The cafe actually has two locations in Singapore, one in Bugis and one in Tanjong Pagar area. I went to the the one in Bugis because bae said it’s bigger and we may have some peace sitting at the level 2 of the cafe. Level one of the cafe is so crowded, I initiatlly thought we had no chance to secure any seats/ table in Mellower Coffee. But turns out there are more seats at level 2 of the cafe. Phew. 
 
Mellower Coffee is well, as its name says, well-known for its fancy coffee rendition but I can’t sleep at night if I drink coffee around 7PM so I let bae to choose their fancy creation, Sweet Little Rain (SGD 9.80) while I’m settling for a cup of hot chai latte (SGD 6). I wanted my chai latte to be cold because the cold cup is nice for photography purpose but Mellower Coffee only serves it hot. Oh well, hot latte is more suitable in the cool days of this tropical island anyway. We also ordered citrus cake which I forgot costs how much (maybe SGD 7-ish?), cakes are not cheap in Singapore sadly. 
 
Sweet Little Rain is totally an expensive coffee I would say but it comes with a huge piece of cotton candy. So the idea is to place the cotton candy on top of the piping hot americano so that the cotton candy will melt bit by bit in a form resembling rain. It’s sugary rain and hence, the name “Sweet Little Rain”. You won’t be able to see it clearly without further observation but make sure you don’t put anything underneath the cotton candy for a long time. Otherwise, your things will be “baptised” with sugar. I saved Brown and Cony before that happened of course. I asked bae if the droppings of cotton candy makes his coffee sweeter but it doesn’t seem to be the case unless he takes a bite of cotton candy and sip his coffee immediately afterward. But that beats the concept of this drink!
 
Moving on, the citrus cake tastes pretty good but the base is a bit tough to break, even with metal fork. Other than the tough base, we kinda enjoyed this tart. My chai latte taste ok, but I still had difficulty to sleep at night despite it should have less caffeine. Bae, who is normally able to sleep under caffeine influence right before bedtime, also told me that he had difficulty sleeping that night. I suppose Mellower Coffee sells pretty strong caffeine fix. Beware if you are weak like me and stick to hot chocolate after 7PM okay.  

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment