Munching on Taiwan snacks

Helloooo, first of all, let me say "Merry Christmas!!!" Are you happy with your Christmas gifts? My family do not really celebrate Christmas even though we are Christians so yeah, there is not even a Christmas tree in my house because we are too lazy to set it up. So, as a result, there are no gifts under the tree. Not romantic at all.

I'm currently in Indonesia, my home country. And since there is traffic jam everywhere in Jakarta, I spend my Boxing Day...lazying around at home. Total pig. Since I got nothing to do, I snack a lot. It's a good thing I brought back a lot of snacks from Taiwan. Kekeke.

These are my favourite snacks from 7-11. I think they are imported from Japan. There are different flavour on sale but I like strawberry the most. Nom nom nom.

Strawberry snacks 711 Taiwan
My language exchange partner brought me to a quirky chocolate store in Gongguan called Sophisca (fyi, they open a store at ION, Singapore). The store sells chocolates in..weird shape e.g. condoms, band-aids and tampons. But they are chocolates and yes, they are edible. If you are interested, you can just type "Sophisca" on google image and you'll know what I mean. I played it safe and decided to buy the normal-looking-type of chocolate. The tiramisu one taste quite good. Forgive me for not being adventurous enough. Hehe.

Sophisca Tiramisu Chocolate
There's Daiso in Taipei so I did grab a few snacks from there. They sell Tohato's caramel corn in blueberry cheesecake flavor (fyi, Daiso Singapore sells them too apparently). The packaging is a bit different from the other flavors. 

Tohato blueberry cheesecake caramel corn
This is how the inside looks like. The quantity is lesser than the other flavors but I kinda like this one. Kinda sweet and sour-ish. Do give it a try if you see one.

Blueberry cheesecake Tohato
As we all know, snacks are perfect companion to...watch drama (which is BAD, because you won't stop eating!). What drama are you watching at the moment? I force myself to watch Taiwanese drama because I don't think I can learn any Mandarin from watching Korean drama (unless it's subbed in Mandarin). Although Taiwanese dramas are known for its draggy-ness and cheesiness, I suppose some can be quite fun to watch. I'm watching Miss Rose starring Megan Lai and Roy Qiu. And it's quite funny. Most important factor in drama, Roy Qiu is handsome! *fangirl mode on*

Miss Rose Taiwan Drama
You can watch it here -> http://www.yodrama.com/taiwanese-drama/miss-rose

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment