Singapore Eats: NanXiang Steamed Bun Restaurant, Ten Mile Junction

I kinda grumble whenever my friend invited me to her house because she stays in Woodlands. Even though Singapore is small, Woodlands is so far from my place because I don't drive in Singapore. But she bribed me with Shanghai dim sum over at NanXiang and me, being easily swayed by food (and friendship, of course), decided to come over anyway. 

Since there were only the two of us, we just ordered three dishes from the menu. 

1. Fresh Pork Filling Steamed Bun (Xiao Long Bao)

NanXiang is famous for its Shanghainese delicacies and when you have the words "steamed bun" in your restaurant sign, of course you will be expected to serve a good dim sum. With this logic alone, we ordered the pork filling xiao long bao. I really love this dish. 

Pork Xiao Long Bao at NanXiang Steamed Bun Restaurant

2. Sauteed Egg White with Crab Meat

My friend insisted on trying crab meat so we ordered this gooey-looking dish to share amongst us. This kinda give me the idea to order crab meat filling xiao long bao if I come back here. 

Sauteed Egg White with Crab Meat at NanXiang

3. Golden Pumpkin Cake

Dessert is a must no matter if you visit either Western or Asian restaurants. For the dessert, we ordered golden pumpkin cake. There is a pumpkin paste filling inside the fried bun. Yummy when eaten while it's hot. 

Golden Pumpkin Cake at NanXiang Steamed Bun Restaurant

To wash down the food, we also order traditional Chinese tea. The teapot that NanXiang uses to serve Chinese tea is kinda cool because it has cute burner below it to ensure that the tea is always served at the right degree.

Chinese teapot at NanXiang Steamed Bun Restaurant

Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment