Hong Kong Eats: The Hungry Women are Back at Dao Xiang, Causeway Bay

I still remember the first time I came to Dao Xiang at Causeway Bay. I ate so much until my pants feel tight. Of course, that does not mean I have tried all the dim sum dishes that Dao Xiang has on its menu. So, with that self-justified excuse alone, my friend and I decided to return to Dao Xiang with a purpose...to try out its other dishes as far as our tummy allows. #gluttonattack

1. Fried Squid

Let my friend order and she surely will order fried stuff. In her defense, fried stuff will not go wrong. I can't deny her perfectly flawed reasoning. When you can't fight your challenge, you should just join hands and enjoy the bounty together. As I said, perfectly flawed. XD


2. Char Siew (BBQ Pork) Pastry

A must order in every dim sum house in Hong Kong. Period.

BBQ Pork Pastry at Dao Xiang Causeway Bay Hong Kong

3. Sweet and sour pork

Sweet and sour to balance our tastebud after so many dim sum we have eaten during our stay in Hong Kong this round.

Sweet and sour pork at Dao Xiang Causeway Bay Hong Kong

4. Crystal clear shrimp dumpling (har gaw)

A classic example of how looks can be deceiving. The crystal clear shrimp dumpling taste quite yummy despite the unconvincing appearance.

Crystal Clear Shrimp Dumpling at Dao Xiang Causeway Bay Hong Kong

5. Chicken feet

I don't eat chicken feet so the whole dish went to my friend's tummy. She seems to be enjoying it to the maximum. So I suppose it's good.

Chicken Feet at Dao Xiang Causeway Bay Hong Kong

6. Jelly osmanthus cake

Last but not least, a not-so-sweet jelly osmanthus cake to end our palate with. I wonder if this dessert can be categorised as healthy dessert. It contains red bean and yet it does not taste too sweet. 

Jelly Osmanthus Cake at Dao Xiang Causeway Bay Hong Kong


Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment