Lunch Time at Five, the Fancy Foodcourt at Pickering Street

Second day of working in 2016 and I already work late *sigh*. Sometimes it makes me wonder if I am underpaid. To make matters worse, it is so difficult to take leave. Arghhh. In those hectic day, I can only breathe a relief during lunch time (it does not last long but it's good while it lasts). My friend brought me to a fancy food court located at Pickering Street, right opposite One George Street. The food court established by Five, which also has an izakaya bar over at Chevron House if I am not wrong. Five has a lot of seats here so there is no need to worry about not being able to secure seats at Five at lunchtime.

Lunch Time at Five, the Fancy Foodcourt at Pickering Street

The food selection at Five though is not as many as what you can find in other food court like Kopitiam, Food Republic or Food Junction. The price at this food court is also gearing toward the higher end. I guess you can't help it since the food court is equipped with air condition and it is located in the CBD area of Singapore. The food court also adopts the concept of do-it-yourself. Well, you don't have to cook your own lunch (thankfully) but you can order and pay the food via machine which is installed at every stall in Five. 


After figuring out how and what to order, I ordered for myself a Korean lunch box from Gogi Grill. The lunch box consists of kimchi fried rice with bulgogi pork, fried egg and salad. It tastes pretty good actually. Well it better tastes good because it costs me SGD 8. XD

Korean Lunch Box at Gogi Grill

How to go to Five: 

The nearest MRT to Five will be either Chinatown MRT, Clarke Quay MRT or Telok Ayer MRT. I usually walk from Telok Ayer MRT though because my office was located near the MRT station. From Telok Ayer MRT, go cross the street until you reach Bloomberg office. From there, you can continue going right and you will eventually see Five at your left side. 

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment