10D9N Spring Japan Trip: Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka

When money is plenty, choosing a hotel in Osaka is not a difficult matter because there are a lot of good hotels in Osaka. I would probably immediately go for hotel which is selected as the winner of Travellers' Choice in Tripadvisor. For your information, Cross Hotel Osaka is the Traveller's Choice Winner for the year 2016. Our choice of accommodation in Osaka was not too shabby itself though. Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka is located within reasonable walking distance from JR Namba Station and the room size is quite good for its size. 

10D9N Spring Japan Trip: Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka

My first impression of Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka is wow, this hotel really has a magnificent lobby. It even has its own chapel (for wedding) in the backyard. The hotel lobby looks pretty European with a lot of Europe-inspired sculptures and furnitures. 

Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka Lobby Japan

The double bedroom that we booked is well...kinda dark. Hahaha. The bedroom is clean and the bed is pretty spacious for two of us. But the quality of the bed is kinda questionable because I don't think it is comfortable enough for me. Good thing that I was pretty much ready to go into deep sleep everytime I reach hotel after whole day outside exploring Osaka. 

Double Bedroom at Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka Japan

Don't expect any big bathroom in Japan. However, you can expect bath tub in pretty much every hotel because like what I said before, ofuro (re: hot-soaked bath) is a must for the Japanese. I wonder how much does each household in Japan pay every month for water usage? LOL.

Bathtub in Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka Japan

Funky toilet is of course, another must-have in the bathroom. 

Toilet in Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka Japan

Thankfully since the hotel is located near JR Namba Station, I can get my food before I come back to rest in my hotel room. Bought this grape Suntory but it is apparently not a can of grape beer but a can of chu-hi. Chu-hi is made from shochu and flavored carbonated water (in my case, grape). I suppose the shochu content is pretty low because one can only contains 3% alcohol.

Suntory Grape Chu-hi

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment