Singapore Eats: Maki-san, The Cathay

It was such a hellish week in the office so I'm glad that it is finally weekend. Woots! Obviously I did not dare to make any dinner appointment tonight fully knowing that there is a great threat from sudden surprises to the reporting deadline which is due on Monday. Sure enough, it happens again. Bummer.

When I finally able to enjoy my Friday night, I was so tired up to the point I did not even bother to check who's free amongst my friends. I decided to just date myself on a Friday night. But, I am quite sure a lot of restaurants will be fully packed and I don't want to attract attention from the non-solo diners while I am enjoying my meal in the comfort of my own company. In times like this, I would proceed to one of the places in my list which are solo diners friendly. For today, let's make our way to Maki-san, the funky sushi stall located at the basement of the Cathay.

Singapore Eats: Maki-san, The Cathay

Customers at Maki-san are allowed to create their own sushi roll and salad. There is an ordering form whereby customers can pick the layer of the sushi (i.e. egg roll or seaweed), the type of rice for the sushi (i.e. white or brown rice) and the ingredients to fill your sushi of course (some items like crispy enoki mushroom and tempura may take longer to fry). Customers can also choose their own sauce to put inside the sushi. My creation tonight is the egg roll brown rice filled with enoki mushroom tempura, asparagus and chili crab sauce. Funky enough for a humble Friday night, no?

Do it yourself sushi roll at Maki-san the Cathay

Maki-san can be found at:


- The Cathay, Dhoby Ghaut #B1-17/18
- Cineleisure Orchard, 8 Grange Road #01-04
- 112 Katong, 112 East Coast Road #B1-19/22B
- Bedok Mall, 311 Upper Changi Road #B1-39
- Compass One, 1 Sengkang Square #01-45


Opening hours:


Sunday to Thursday 11.30AM - 9.30PM
Friday, Saturday 11.30AM - 10PM

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment