10D9N Taiwan Trip: Ji Guang Xiang Xiang Ji Fried Chicken, Ximending

"Here I am waiting, I'll have to leave soon. Why am I holding on?"

Ni hao! I know I have to leave Ximending soon to go for our beef noodle dinner at Yongkang Street but I was so so so hungry after checking in at our hotel, Diary of Taipei, and there's a fried chicken kiosk located few steps away from the entrance of the hotel. Despite the rainy weather, people are still queuing for this fried chicken so I am so holding on to this place with fried chicken as my sole determination. Hahaha. 


10D9N Taiwan Trip: Ji Guang Xiang Xiang Ji Fried Chicken, Ximending

Initially I thought the name of the fried chicken kiosk is 1973 but turns out it is called Ji Guang Xiang Xiang Ji and it's originated from Taichung since the year 1973 and hence, the sign of the year. You can really smell the luring nice smell of the fried chicken while queuing. Makes me really really hungry. 

Queue for Ji Guang Xiang Xiang Ji Fried Chicken Ximending

I got so bored while waiting I started to stare at the cute chicken mascot. I wonder if the Taiwanese love everything's cute due to their close tie to Japan. Or they just naturally like cute stuff since...well, since long time ago. 

Mascot for Ji Guang Xiang Xiang Ji Fried Chicken at Ximending

Anyway, random thought aside, we were getting pretty near to the counter. We could at least start checking out the menu now. If you don't eat chicken, you can order crispy fried squid instead. You can also order both if you want to. 

Counter of Ji Guang Xiang Xiang Ji Fried Chicken at Ximending

Production line at its utmost productivity. To be honest with you, every time I visit Ximending, the queue forming at this stall is always super long. I wonder how the people in charge of frying can withstand the required demand of their job everyday. Really. 

Frying the Ji Guang Xiang Xiang Ji Fried Chicken at Ximending

I can see the yummy fried chickens....getting nearer and nearer. Yum!

Yummy fried chicken at Ximending

Travel buddy and I tried to save some space in the stomach for beef noodle so we ordered the combo of smaller bag of fried chicken and fried squid. Hereby the first official street food that we tried in Taipei for the first trip in 2017, Taiwanese fried chicken and fried squid. Yummy yummy. :)

Boneless Fried Chicken from Ji Guang Xiang Xiang Ji Ximending

Ji Guang Xiang Xiang Ji Fried Chicken can be spotted immediately once you exit through Exit 6 of Ximending MRT. When in doubt, follow the queue line, please. XD

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment