10D9N Taiwan Trip: Mee Sua and Mango Ice at Ximending, Taipei

"摸不到的颜色 是否叫彩虹?"
"The color can't be touched, is it called rainbow?"

If you are looking for a place that never sleep in Taipei, it is definitely Ximending. Popularly known as the hang out and meeting place for the young Taiwanese, Ximending is never deserted even way late at night despite the fact that everybody have work/ school to go the next day. I become easily depressed if there's nothing to do after the sun set. I suppose that explain why I am not really a fan of Australia since everything seems to close around 6 or 7PM. Hahaha.

10D9N Taiwan Trip: Mee Sua and Mango Ice at Ximending, Taipei

My night walk around Ximending has yielded a total of 10 pieces of earrings to add to my earrings collection. This was apt because I could not seem to find nice and yet affordable earrings in Singapore. I guess I will come back to Taipei whenever I am in the need to replenish my earrings stock (yea, I often lose them in my daily life). I got pretty excited whenever I pass by Ah Mao Risotto Restaurant, not particularly because of the food though. It's more because of the big dog who always laze around inside the restaurant. The dog has practically become a signature mascot of the restaurant. So cute. 

Ah Mao Risotto Restaurant at Ximending Taipei

We did not have enough space in our tummy that night to eat the most popular food in Ximending, Ah Chung Mian Xian. If you are early-riser and you do not have any particular agenda in your itinerary, you should come by to Ah Chung Mian Xian because the store opens pretty early (since 9AM) everyday.

Ah Chung Mian Xian at Ximending Taipei

Ah Chung has been selling flour rice noodle (i.e. Mian Xian) since 1975 and it is still popular until today. I realised that there is now small bowl being offered at the cost of 50NTD. The last time I visited Ah Chung Mian Xian, there is only one size available (the NTD 65 one) so it's a good news for small eater or for normal eater who want to keep space in their tummy to try other food in Ximending. I am definitely the latter, for sure. Hahahaha. 

Ah Chung Mian Xian Price List at Ximending Taipei

The taste of Ah Chung Mian Xian really brings back memory of studying days in Taiwan. I am still a fan of the noodle until this day. Hope they can maintain the taste and quality forever and ever. LOL. 

Taiwanese Intestine Mee Sua at Ximending

The reason for us to buy the small bowl instead of the big bowl is because we wanted to stuff ourselves with other food such as this humongous Mango Ice. It tastes oh-so-good. The snow ice literally so soft and melt in your mouth. I can probably eat the whole thing for lunch and wait, I think I did that before. Hahahaha. #oinkoink

Taiwanese Ice Mango at Ximending Taipei

Ah Chung Mian Xian is located at the alley where Family Mart is located. You will see Family Mart if you are coming from the direction of Exit 6 of Ximending Station when you explore the area. Meanwhile, the mango ice store is located way further from the main street of Ximending. Walk straight from Exit 6 until you see Hot Star Fried Chicken. From then on, observe your right side until you see a store with the picture of many fruit ice selection (yes, the store has all kind of topping you can imagine). 

Share this:

, , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment