Singapore Eats: DB Bistro & Oyster Bar, Marina Bay Sands

"Tell me your secrets, and ask me your questions. Oh, let's go back to the start."

Sometimes the most interesting part of human relationship is really the start when you start questioning each other in order to know the other person better. Once you start knowing the person better, you may or may not want to continue the relationship. Hahaha. Such a complicated creatures, we are.

Anyway, the other day my colleagues and I were celebrating my senior's promotion to higher position. Woots! Since she got higher pay now, the rest of us asked her for a "humble" treat. Apparently her criteria of "humble" is the scale of a celebrity chef restaurant in Marina Bay Sands. Since we had often celebrated at Bread Street Kitchen (which is helmed by Gordon Ramsay) before, this time around we had our celebration at DB Bistro & Oyster Bar instead (which is helmed by Daniel Boulud). 


Singapore Eats: DB Bistro & Oyster Bar, Marina Bay Sands

To my surprise, my birthday (which actually has passed for two weeks plus by then) was part of the celebration. I was confused when the waitress came up bringing cake. I mean, who eat dessert even before the appetiser? Turns out it was my birthday cake, the chocolate soufflé (served with side cinnamon vanilla ice cream). The cake was so good, I felt so bad if I did not finish 3/4 of the cake. I managed to pass it around so that everybody could try the cake but only managed to get them eat 1/4 of the cake. Thank you everyone for the lovely surprise. #fatbuthappy 

Chocolate lava cake from DB Bistro & Oyster Bar

Going back to the main celebration, everyone on the table (except two salad fans) ordered Express Lunch set at DB Bistro & Oyster Bar. The lunch set consists of either 2 or 3 courses (SGD 32/ 42). I was actually already pretty full from the cake alone because it's a soufflé and hence, pretty filling for me. But being a piggy, I could not bear to eat grass (a.k.a. Salad) so I went for the 3 courses Express Lunch anyway. Hahaha. 

I chose Potato & Spring Garlic Soup for the appetiser. It is a cream soup and there's aged cheddar and smoked bacon in it. It is a very lovely and heavy soup but it sure tastes better than salad I think. 

Potato and garlic soup from DB Bistro & Oyster Bar at MBS

For the main course, I chose The DB Club Sandwich. I was kinda regretting my choice because club sandwich is usually humongous in size and yes, DB Club Sandwich is no exception to that concept. While the sandwich taste yummy, I only managed to finish half sandwich + salad + half of that crunchy potato chips. Boss asked me to "donate" the other half of the sandwich to the male colleague of mine. Kinda pity him actually because despite being a male, he eats so little. But I suppose my donation would make him less skinny? #hiswifesogonnakillme #butitwasbossorder

Club Sandwich from DB Bistro & Oyster Bar at MBS

Okay after looking at the size of the mains, I would definitely go for 2 courses Express Lunch instead and share the dessert with whoever I'm eating with. This is because the desserts included in the 3 courses Express Lunch at DB Bistro & Oyster Bar are HUGE. There are only 2 choices of desserts for Express Lunch here. The first one is the Tiramisu Sundae and yep, this is the size of the sundae. Thankfully, the two ladies who ate salad as ala-carte items did not order separate desserts so I could share this with one of them (the other one does not even eat chocolate, oh my gawd, bless her figure). Oh right the tiramisu, it is quite nice although I think there's too much whipped cream put on top of the ice cream. The thin crisp of the caramel-glazed chocolate taste yummy eaten on its own or together with the ice cream. 

Tiramisu ice cream from DB Bistro & Oyster Bar at MBS

The other dessert item, Mixed Berry Gateau, seems to be on the lighter note compared to the above tiramisu. Based on my one-bite-taste, the mixed berry gateau tastes refreshing although to be honest, I could not really eat anything after struggling to finish my own dessert. Morale of the story, do not eat too much. 

Forest berry gateau from DB Bistro & Oyster Bar at MBS

DB Bistro & Oyster Bar is located at: 

The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
B1-48 Galleria Level 
Across from Theatres
2 Bayfront Avenue
Singapore

Opening hours:

Monday 12 - 10PM
Tuesday to Friday 12 - 11PM
Saturday 11AM - 11PM
Sunday 11AM - 10PM

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment