10D9N Taiwan Trip: Yongkang Beef Noodle, Taipei

"Leave your broken windows opens, and in the light just streams."

Blessed Good Friday everyone. How I wish I can go for a short trip for this Easter weekend but then again Easter weekend is always a blackout period and the plane tickets are never cheap for these dates. Boo! A lot of people still proceed with the travelling though so I can't really say who want to travel with that kind of price. Oh well. #cheapofel

Personally, if I take an additional one day leave and make it 4D3N trip, I would probably not mind going to Taipei for a short break although 10 hours will be spent up in the air for a return trip. Hmm, do I love Taiwan that much? Hahaha. Apparently I do, and the last time I visited Taipei in February, I finally managed to let my best pal to try out Taiwanese Beef Noodle (although I don't really dig it but anyway...).

10D9N Taiwan Trip: Yongkang Beef Noodle, Taipei

This is the second time I visit Yongkang Beef Noodle and the place does not change even a bit. The prominent yellow sign displaying the fact that the restaurant has been around since 1963 is still up there. I wonder why the Taiwanese seem to place a very heavy emphasis on since when a particular restaurant or product brand has been around. The restaurant has two levels and we were asked to sit at second level because first level seem to be quite crowded. There were no queue in front of the restaurant though. 

And guess what, finally I know how to order this dish called sweet potato pork ribs rice in English. Why is this such an accomplishment? Because my Mandarin is very very noob. And the menu in every restaurant (well, mostly) in Taiwan show no mercy to non-Mandarin speaker. The menu use traditional Chinese characters, well not that I understand simplified Chinese characters either but. So I was so glad when the dish that I randomly ticked in the menu (I randomly ticked dish which has the words "排骨") turns out to be the right dish. Woots~~

(By the way it tastes so good and warm so it's perfect for rainy weather)

Pork ribs with sweet potato from Yongkang Beef Noodle at Taipei

Here comes the legendary Taiwanese beef noodle. The beef noodle smells good but I'm gonna close eyes on the amount of the oil used in the broth. Hahaha. 

Taiwanese Beef Noodle from Yongkang Beef Noodle at Taipei

The noodles used in the beef noodle is yellow noodle. Nothing special about the noodle I suppose. The beef taste okay but it will be better if there are not so many tendon pieces given. On second thought, maybe I should tick other option in the menu? But I can't read. Hahahaha. A bowl of beef noodle costs you around NTD 280, if I remember correctly. 

Yummy Taiwanese Beef Noodle from Yongkang Beef Noodle at Taipei

Yong Kang Beef Noodle is located at:

永康牛肉麵 (Main shop) 台北市金山南路二段31巷17號
 (No. 17, Street 31, Jinshan South Road Section 2, Taipei. directly opposite Jinhua Primary School) 營業時間:上午11點至晚間9點30分 (11 am to 9.30 pm daily)

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment