Singapore Eats: Jonas the Grocer, Mandarin Gallery

Hello guys, long time no see. I've been away for few days for a short break in Singapore. And glad I did it, 'cause I really enjoyed my time there catching up with my friends. Love it! ^^

Like Taipei, Singapore has a lot of cafes too and..don't even mention shopping malls, I think the tiny island has so many shopping malls. Not good for my wallet. O_o!

Well since I'm a shopaholic, obviously the chosen venue for catching up session is located along..Orchard Road. Could not help it. =P

We went to Mandarin Gallery, which looks very posh from outside.

Mandarin Gallery Orchard Road

My friend brought me to Jonas the Grocer which is located inside Mandarin Gallery. For a second I thought she brought me here to buy groceries.

Jonas the Grocer Mandarin Gallery Orchard Road

But this place is actually a grocer/ a cafe, oh wow. That's kinda interesting. 

Jonas the Grocer Mandarin Gallery Provision Shop

For a starter, we ordered tapas to share. We chose to order chorizo sausages. Taste too salty for my liking. =S

Chorizo Sausages Jonas the Grocer Mandarin Gallery

Other than the tapas, we also ordered Portobello Mushroom with Salad. Because it looks interesting. That, and we are fans of mushroom. And yes, they are tasty.

Portobello Mushroom with Salad Jonas The Grocer

For the mains, we ordered Coq Au Vin and yes, none of us know what is Coq Au Vin. Luckily the menu comes with description. Which is basically chicken cooked in wine plus some veggies including, yes, you guessed it, mushrooms. So-so only. 

Coq Au Vin Jonas the Grocer Mandarin Gallery

Nothing is complete without a dessert. And to share the sin, we ordered a slice of red velvet cake. Their red velvet is pretty yummy. We like it. <3

Red Velvet Jonas the Grocer Mandarin Gallery

If you happened to be in Singapore and want to visit this grocer/cafe, you can ride the MRT and go to Somerset MRT Station. Walk towards Mandarin Gallery and go to level 4. No reservation is required as we didn't make any booking before we came here. =)

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment