Singapore Eats: Kanshoku Ramen Bar, Orchard Gateway

"I think of you, I haven't slept. I think I do, but I don't forget."

I am so annoyed with a lot of people at work today. Actually I do realise that I get frustrated when work become overwhelmed but not as pissed as when I had to deal with annoying people. Sadly, a lot of these pests are available at my work. Hmmph. Oh well, I suppose I have to find a good way to keep my sanity while having to deal with them on a daily basis. Any idea, peeps?

 Anyway, someone from office suggested a new workout class named Cru Cycle. It's basically one of those fancy private cycling studios located along the posh Duxton Road. The studio was manned by beautiful looking people, I'm not kidding and I kinda feel out of place for a while when utilising my SGD 25 worth of trial class.

Crucycle Studio at Duxton Road Singapore

The minimum amount that you have to pay for the trial classes is SGD 50 for 2 classes though. I had thought that it was expensive until I realise that one normal class can cost around SGD 40. Hmm, seems too ex for my budget but let's see why my colleague is so addicted to this exercise. First of all, since it's a cycling class and nowadays, the latest bicycles have special clip on function on the pedals, so you have to wear special shoes which sole can be clipped on to the pedals. I am never good with any sports which require a certain degree of technology so it took me a while to try to clip my shoes to the pedals. The friendly staff who's manning the front desk helped me out with the setting of the bikes and that includes clipping on the shoes. 

Cycling shoes for Crucycle at Duxton Road

Overall, while the music used for the exercise is fun to listen to while cycling and there's certain part where you feel like you are cycling on tour with a wolf pack, I find the whole package for the normal classes (the non-trial classes) too expensive as I am already a member of Fitness First. I should just join RPM classes in the gym since I had paid for the membership anyway. 

After cycling through the dark (yea, the class is quite dim, a bit wasted when the instructor is cute), it's time to reward myself with good food and great company of a friend. We went to Orchard Gateway to try out Kanshoku Ramen Bar which supposedly sells a nice dry Truffle ramen. But we opted for pork-based soup ramen, the Signature Kanshoku Ramen (SGD 13.90) in the end because we were curious how do 8-hours boiled broth and 4-hours marinated pork taste. 

Truffle Broth Ramen at Kanshoku Ramen Bar at Orchard Gateway

We also ordered fried gyoza (SGD 5.90) to share between the two of us. Everything's fried taste good. Really.

Fried gyoza from Kanshoku Ramen Bar at Orchard Gateway

After our ramen meal, as usual there is always room for dessert. Dinner buddy wanted to try out Chimney Cake Soft Serve and I was lost when she told me about this dessert stall named Chimney which is located at *Scape in Somerset. 

Chimney at Scape Somerset

Chimney basically offers cinnamon-coated pastry filled with soft serve ice cream. There is, however, savory option available too. Since I was in the mood for sweet stuff, I proceeded to order Chimney Cake with Soft Serve (SGD 4.50) and choose vanilla ice cream for the soft serve. While it looks good when it's just served, you have to eat this dessert fast before the ice cream starts to melt and dripping from the bottom of the pastry (which has hole). It was a big sweet mess when I realise the ice cream has started to melt but otherwise, the dessert taste quite good and filling too. I won't eat this for a date though especially when I just started dating. Hahaha. 

Chimney cake with softserve at Scape Somerset

Kanshoku Ramen Bar is located at: 

277 Orchard Road #01-06
Orchard Gateway 

Opening hours:

Daily 11AM - 10PM

Chimney is located at:

2 Orchard Link #02-02
*SCAPE

Opening hours:

Monday to Friday 11AM - 9PM
Saturday and Sunday 11AM - 3PM, 5PM - 10PM

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment