Singapore Eats: The Lokal, Outram Park

"Sometimes I get tired of this me-first attitude. 
You are the one thing that keeps me smiling. 
That's why I'm always wishing hard for you."

Me-first attitude does get me tired but today, the one thing that got me tired is the fact that I had to stand for 1 hour and 20 minutes because there is no more spare chair left for me to drag into the meeting room. What an ironic state of a big corporation, really. Hopefully I do get toned legs after this forced exercise that I had to endure. Fast forward few hours later, I dragged my sore feet to meet my friend at the Lokal because sore feet ain't gonna stop me from celebrating...hmm, okay, let's just say we were celebrating our friendship. XD

Singapore Eats: The Lokal, Outram Park

This is my 2nd visit to the Lokal but I had never tried their dinner menu before because in my 1st visit, I came in the morning for their weekend breakfast. The mains offered for the dinner by the Lokal are not extensive but they do have some interesting choice like braised beef cheek and lobster linguine. 

Food menu from the Lokal at Outram Park

My dinner buddy apparently did not have an easy day either and she's eager to wash the day down by a glass of an iced cold beer. And what goes well with an iced cold beer apart from the awesome companion of a friend, a plate of truffled fries and parmesan (SGD 10). 

Beer and truffled fries from the Lokal at Outram Park

The truffled fries served at the Lokal are not the usual shoestring fries. The Lokal served thick cut fries and omg, see the amount of parmesan dropped on top of the fries. Awesome to the max although I do admit that shoestring fries seems better at absorbing the truffle oil. Hahaha. 

Truffled fries and parmesan from the Lokal

After deliberating for a while, I opted for the grilled pork chop (SGD 26). The grilled pork chop is served with the side of apples, green beans, kale and walnut salad. I like the grilled pork chop and I do think the brown sauce goes well with it however, I am amazed with the salad. It's one of the best salad I've ever tasted and since I am not really the true-born salad-eater, I cannot really vouch for the healthy level of this salad (because well, you know that most of the food that taste good is not really healthy in a way).    

Grilled pork chop from the Lokal at Outram Park

The Lokal is located at: 

136 Neil Road

Nearest MRT: Chinatown/ Outram Park MRT

Opening hours:

Monday 8AM to 5PM
Tuesday to Friday 8AM to 10PM
Saturday 9AM to 10PM
Sunday 9AM to 4PM

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment