Singapore Eats: Tengawa Hokkaido White Curry, Millenia Walk

"Must be love on the brain that got me feeling this way."

And my brain is telling me that tomorrow is finally F-R-I-D-A-Y. Woots. Nothing excites me more than the coming of weekends. I can feel it already. The funny thing is I never really have things planned for the weekend apart for the occasional hang out with friends on Saturday. But weekend is the days where you don't have to struggle about work (except on certain occasion whereby you need to slave on weekends). So yeah, I enjoy my weekends thank you very much.

Last Saturday, I went with my BFF to a relatively new Japanese restaurant at Millenia Walk, Tengawa Hokkaido White Curry. The restaurant is not big but there are still many seats available for the two of us around 6PM-ish.


Singapore Eats: Tengawa Hokkaido White Curry, Millenia Walk

Tengawa Hokkaido White Curry only serves three kind of dishes and all come with the Hokkaido white curry. So you better eat any one of the ebi fry, the hamburg (which I think is pork) and chicken katsu. 

Curry menu from Tengawa Hokkaido White Curry at Millenia Walk

All sets come with chawanmushi and miso soup. 

Chawanmushi and miso soup from Tengawa Hokkaido White Curry at Millenia Walk

There is a jar of vegetables on each table and a note saying that customers can request for more rice or miso soup if they want to. The vegetables are of course free to consume as well. 

Free flow vegetables from Tengawa Hokkaido White Curry at Millenia Walk

We decided to share one set each since the only difference between each set is just the main dish served with the rice and white curry. This is the crunchy chicken katsu white curry (SGD 15.80). Since white curry supposedly originated from Hokkaido, I kinda expect them to have a quite strong milky taste and creamy texture. While the white curry sauce served by Tengawa Hokkaido White Curry is creamy, it lacks oomph. Up to the point my dining buddy said that it tastes bland. The chicken katsu is nicely fried though. 

Chicken katsu white curry rice from Tengawa Hokkaido White Curry at Millenia Walk

The white curry served for the Hamburg (SGD 15.80) is the same as the one served for the chicken katsu. Hamburg is one of those dishes that I don't think you will get wrong so yeah the hamburg is okay. The restaurant got more crowded around 7-ish but I am not sure how long they can last with only three dishes on the menu. 

Pork hamburg white curry rice from Tengawa Hokkaido White Curry at Millenia Walk

Tengawa Hokkaido White Curry is located at: 

Millenia Walk #02-16
9 Raffles Boulevard

Nearest MRT: Promenade MRT

Opening hours:

Daily 11.30AM to 10PM

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment