7D Korea Golden Rama Tour: Shopping at Myeongdong, Seoul

I really love Myeongdong. I think it is way better to shop in Myeongdong compared to Dongdaemun but then again, I never really had a lot of time to explore the shopping scene of Dongdaemun in full. However, if you are looking for skincare and cosmetic products, Myeongdong is the place to go. As you can see, one skincare store is located next to another skincare store. I think I have seen a repetitive number of Laneige, Etude House, Innisfree and other famous Korean skincare brands.

7D Korea Golden Rama Tour: Shopping at Myeongdong, Seoul

Myeongdong is best visited at night time because there will be more food carts to see at night. In this case, you will not go shopping with a hungry stomach. 

Street food stalls at Myeongdong Seoul South Korea

There is an ahjumma (re: middle-aged lady) who sells spicy Korean rice cake, ddeokbokki. My Mom and I were salivating looking at it and we decided to just buy it since my brother is nowhere in sight yet (he's getting overwhelmed by the 4-stored Uniqlo I suspect). The ddeokbokki really taste oh-so-good. And there are some pieces of fish cakes too in the mix. Yummy! Massiseoyooo~~

Spicy Korean rice cake from Myeongdong Seoul

This particular stall is quite interesting too. It seems to be fried egg pancakes. Too bad we were seriously full from the early dinner of bibimbap and the ddeokbokki that we just ate. Oh well. 

Egg pancake from Myeongdong street food stall

Did I tell you earlier about the abundant skincare stores in Myeongdong? Holika Holika, Too Cool for School and Club Clio are located next to each other. Myeongdong is really an open market for all skincare products in Korea. Sometimes, the price of the skincare products sold in Myeongdong can be way cheaper than those sold at department store though. So far I've stocked up my skincare regime which I'm sure are sold at cheaper price in Korea such as: Laneige's grapefruit lip gel, Faceshop's collagen eye patch + CC cream, and Etude House's pencil eyeliner. 

Skincare stores at Myeongdong Seoul

If you are looking to buy clothes in Myeongdong, you may want to check out SPAO and ROEM. SPAO is more for street casual style (for both guys and girls) while ROEM (which is advertised by Park Shin Hye) leans more toward feminine/sweet style for ladies. Uniqlo is also available here at Myeongdong and it has four levels (no wonder my Brother took forever inside Uniqlo). 

Clothing store at Myeongdong Seoul

 Oh there is also another Line Friends store in Myeongdong and while this store may not be the biggest Line Friends store in Seoul, I managed to find phone casing for my S7 Edge and it was on sale woohooo. 

Line Friends Store in Myeongdong Seoul

Anyeong Brown and Sally. This huge version of Brown doll is always popular for photo taking with visitors. Hahaha. 

Line Friends Brown and Sally at Myeongdong

Line Friends store in Myeongdong sells food and drink but to be honest, I was more attracted to the ddeokbokki outside the street at Myeongdong. 

Food and drinks from Line Friends store at Myeongdong

Line Friends snacks like peanuts and chocolates are available too if you would like to buy some to give out to friends or families as souvenirs. 

Snacks from Line Friends Store at Myeongdong

The postcards look so cute but I don't really write postcards nowadays. Let's check out the level 2 of the Line Friends store shall we? 

Photo spot at Line Friends Store Myeongdong

The mini Brown lamp looks so cuteeeee. If only I have enough space to put him on my desk. Not having your own place to live is kinda troublesome sometimes. But that's the price to pay if you want to work in another country. Oh well. 

Line Friends cute lamps at Myeongdong Seoul

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment