Singapore Food Log: Botanist, Outram Park

When a friend call you out to go for a cafehopping adventure with you, how could you say no? My ranting about the lack of place to chill in Singapore other than Starbucks is nothing new amongst my peers and one of my friends/ high school buddies, SL, call me if I wanna go to check out a hidden cafe named Botanist in Outram Park area. Since I am not that familiar with that area (and hence, lack of knowledge around that area), I agree to her invitation. Botanist is located between of Outram Park and Tanjong Pagar but I think it is slightly nearer to Outram Park MRT than Tanjong Pagar MRT station. The entrance to Botanist is located somewhat hidden in an alley so you need to make a turn inward the alley before you can see the entrance and the wall art leading to the entrance of the cafe.

Singapore Eats: Botanist, Outram Park

The cafe was quite packed at 3PM on a Sunday afternoon. There are al-fresco seating area and indoor seating area. However, as Botanist adopts open-kitchen concept and the kitchen is located right next to the indoor seating area, the smell of the food may linger to the clothes that you are wearing and your hair. So make sure you don't mind of the smell if you choose to dine indoor. Since there are only two of us, we did not have to wait for long for our table but if you come in a big party, you may need to wait for a while.

Botanist at Outram Park Singapore

We are seated at the indoor area and that's how we found out about the lingering smell that I mentioned earlier. The indoor seating arrangement is catered more toward two diners because of the space constraint. I wonder if the table will fit if the two diners happen to be very hungry and hence, order a lot of food. Hahaha. Just a random thought of mine but so far, it doesn't seem to be a real-world problem here at Botanist. 

Inside Botanist at Outram Park Singapore

Botanist provides brunch stapple such as baked egg (SGD 19), croque madame (SGD 18), corn fritters (SGD 18) and corned beef hash (SGD 19). However, despite being a brunch place, Botanist also offers a selection of pasta dishes and mains such as seafood aglio olio (SGD 23), tagliatelle carbonara (SGD 18) and slow cooked beef cheek (SGD 24). 

Food menu from Botanist Outram Park

For the drinks, Botanist offers a range of coffee, tea and juices. Their coffee seems to be quite popular as we saw every other table definitely has at least one order of coffee. Unfortunately I do not dare to drink coffee after 3 or 4PM, unless I want to be an owl few hours later. The funny thing is my cafehopping buddy, SL, decided not to have any caffeine intake for the next few days because she's aging. LOL. What kind of reason is that but to be fair, her doctor did tell her not to consume coffee too much. So I guess it's wise to just follow the doctor's advice for now until she's getting better. 

Drinks menu from Botanist at Outram Park

Since none of us had drink so let's just go straight to the food business, shall we? SL is in the mood of having beef burger (SGD 20). The beef burger is served with a sunny side up, bacon, fries, pickles and charcoal buns. It kinda satisfies my craving for a burger but kinda too humongous for a lady's portion. But then again, I probably can finish this whole plate by myself when I was having PMS. Glutton max me. 

Beef burger from Botanist at Outram Park

Since Botanist is known amongst the netizen for its brunch items, I decided to go for the breakfast platter (SGD 23) and is equally humongous. The platter consists of toast, grilled corn, bratwurst sausage, avocado, hash, thick cut streaky bacon, mushroom, tomato, greens and two sunny side ups. I'm quite sure I'm so not gonna eating this kind of breakfast for the next two weeks after this meal. Despite the fancy combination, I still prefer my usual fix of English breakfast though. I probably just miss that Heinz's beans. Hmm, should I write this request of mine in suggestion box to Botanist? XD

Big Breakfast from Botanist Outram Park

For the portion that is shown above, I suppose the price tag of minimum SGD 20++ is reasonable because the portion is really humongous. I don't mind another visit to Botanist but will probably request for al-fresco seating instead because my clothes and hair are really smelly after our yummy meal. I've also made a mental note to try out their coffee next time. Teehee. 

Botanist is located at: 

74 Neil Road
Singapore

Opening hours:

Tuesday to Sunday 8AM - 6PM
Closed on Mondays

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment