Singapore Food Log: Cafe & Meal Muji, Raffles City

Hello! It's finally Friday and while everyday is a weekend for me since I have not found a new job yet, it still feels good when Friday is finally here. Sometimes I wonder if it is really a wise decision to quit my last job without finding a new job yet but then again, I really hate being stressed up so much for work up to the point I could not sleep peacefully at night. So yeah, I suppose sometimes in life you just gotta do what you really need to do. Which in my case, taking a break from work.

One of the good thing when you are not working is you suddenly have all the time in the world to do what you want to do all along. While the thing that you want to do all along may have been something revolutionary or YOLO-ish like travelling around the world for some people, what I want to do all along is rather simple actually. I just want to try out those restaurants which I have not had the chance to go before. After all, a happy stomach leads to happy soul, no?

The decision making part is rather hard because apparently I have spent around 50 hours per week chained to my cubicle for the past I-dunno-how-many-years so I end up with many restaurants to select from. When you cannot make your own decision, it's time to use the helpline of phoning a friend and let the friend decide instead. The friend that I called, Lee Lee (shortformed to LL), has suggested Cafe & Meal Muji (i.e. Cafe Muji) because she wanted to try to eat healthier. Uhh, okay. Not really a fan of healthy meals but I suppose it won't kill to eat healthy once in a while. Hahaha. 

 We went to Cafe Muji which is situated inside Muji store at Level 2 of Raffles City, one of the shopping centres at City Hall. Cafe Muji's website states that Cafe Muji promotes simple food consists of natural ingredients for a nutritious well-balanced meal. Oh wow,  the Japanese is known for its affinity for healthy eating and natural ingredients stuff so this kinda make me curious. The cafe offers pick and mix ordering system but you can also go for its ala-carte options if you want to. I chose the selection of 3 dishes (which Cafe Muji refers to as "deli") which comes with a bowl of grain rice at the price of SGD 12.90. 

Singapore Eats: Cafe & Meal Muji, Raffles City

For the selection of 3 deli, you can choose 2 cold deli and 1 hot deli complete with a choice of bread or rice. I opted for grilled salmon, frittata (egg-tofu dish) and salad with half piece of daikon. I don't know why but the food served at Cafe Muji gives you the "homey" feeling in Japanese way (because I don't think my Mom will ever cook something like this at home) and I love the brown rice so much, it goes well with the other deli on my plate. My favourite deli item is surprisingly the frittata instead of the salmon. 
  
Deli selection at Cafe Muji in Raffles City

LL ordered one of the ala-carte menus, butter curry chicken served with rice (SGD 14.90). I tried a piece of the chicken and it taste pretty good and the curry taste pretty clean without being too rich. The rice served together with the butter curry chicken is the same as the rice that I opted to go with the delis above. 

Butter curry chicken at Cafe & Meal Muji

After we had finished our meal, LL made another move to the counter and oh-my-gawd, is she placing another order? Turns out her appetite that day is as huge as the mountain boar's (oops, she's surely gonna kill me if she read this). If you are still hungry after your meal (like this boar LL), you can check out the dessert range offered at Cafe Muji. There is a wide variety of desserts from cream puff, swiss roll, pudding to ice cream. LL is so into cakes with strawberry so she came back with not one but two swiss roll. The left one is green tea red bean swiss roll (matcha azuki swiss roll) while the right one is yuzu swiss roll. Both swiss rolls are priced at SGD 6.90. I prefer the yuzu swiss roll as there is the tangy flavor of yuzu which mix together with the sweetness of the sponge cake and cream. If you like your desserts to be light, you will like the yuzu swiss roll. 

 Matcha and cream roll cake from Cafe Muji

I would consider going back in future to try other deli items but since the price tag of SGD 12.90 is not exactly cheap in my wallet's dictionary, I would not come back to Cafe Muji that often I suppose. At least not until I have secured new lifeline in my cashflow life. Oh gosh, life's tough. 

  
Cafe & Meal Muji's address: 

252 North Bridge Road, #02-020/022
Raffles City

Nearest MRT: City Hall MRT

Opening hours:

Daily 10AM - 10PM

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment