Singapore Food Log: Columbus Coffee Co.

The weather has been so crazy hot and humid lately, I ended up getting the flu bug. Actually I don’t really know the correlation between the weather and the flu but I suppose hot and humid weather made you somewhat weaker and then, easier to catch the virus. Haha, that sounds very made-up but I really hate hot and humid weather but can’t really complain because I was born in tropical country. In times like these, it’s time to grab bae to go for a cafe adventure because cafe is equipped with air-con. We took our aircon-looking/ cafe-hopping adventure to Upper Thomson back on labour day and picked Columbus Coffee Co. as our sanctuary for that afternoon. 
Singapore Food Log: Columbus Coffee & Co.
 
Oh wow, talking about a fully blast air-con, you can literally feel the chill inside the cafe (even the glass windows get all fogged up). Columbus Coffee Co. was not very crowded when we reached the cafe around 6+ on a public holiday. 
 
Columbus Coffee & Co., Upper Thomson
 
Let’s see what Columbus Coffee Co. offer on its menu. Since the cafe is owned by the same people behind Atlas Coffeehouse, I expected to see similar dishes offered by these two cafes. The thing is, I only visited Atlas Coffeehouse once and only remembered one dish from their menu, Butterscotch Banana Pancake. Oh wait, there it is, right at the bottom of Columbus Coffee Co. I suppose you don’t have to travel all the way to Botanic Garden MRT if you feel like having the butterscotch banana pancake. 
 
Menu from Columbus Coffee Co. Singapore
 
You need to make your purchase first upon ordering at the counter, so I left that activity to bae to settle (yay!). He was confused on what to drink so I kinda suggest him to try one of the cold brew items because the bottle is so cute (#wrongfocus). He chose the Matcha Warrior (SGD 7) and it taste so good because it’s chilled and well, it’s matcha and I’m a fan of matcha. But I could not really drink cold drink that day because it’ll make my throat itchy and cough cough. Boo. 
 
Matcha warrior cold brew from Columbus Coffee Co
 
I ended up drinking Chai Latte because well technically it’s tea instead of coffee, right? Haizz, I forgot to check how much does my chai latte costs. But I figure it should be around SGD 6 - SGD 7 based on the market price of...chai latte. It taste pretty good and oh boy, it did make me awake at night even though it’s supposed to be tea and not coffee. 
 
Chai latte from Columbus Coffee Co
 
The funny thing that day is, both bae and I did not feel like eating the brunch menu. Instead, we both opted for the pasta dishes. Columbus Coffee Co. is not supposed to be Italian place but well, the cafe does offer a few pasta dishes on its menu. I have set my eyes on Brown Butter Sardine Crumb (SGD 18) because this is the first time I saw pasta served with sardines. Since I have chopped Brown Butter Sardine Crumb pasta, bae ended up choosing Mushroom Medley (SGD 18). 
 
Pasta from Columbus Coffee Co. Upper Thomson
 
His Mushroom Medley kinda hard to differentiate from Mushroom Carbonara except for the fact that there is no bacon anywhere in his pasta. Oh my, bae has turned into a vegetarian although this dish is definitely using a lot of cheese/milk/egg for the sauce. Oh wait, did I see a lot of shreds of cheese on top? I love creamy and cheesy pasta so I like Mushroom Medley although it kinda feels too normal (i.e. can be found at any other place). 
 
Mushroom Medley from Columbus Coffee Co
 
The Brown Butter Sardine Crumb pasta however is a unique delicacy. The pasta is cooked in aglio olio style so it’s definitely not using any creamy sauce or whatsoever as the garnish. The cafe does not skimp at all on the crumbs and sardines turn out to be a not bad protein to use for pasta although I still prefer salmon. Bae prefer my pasta compared to himself but since I was saving space for dessert, he ended up helping me finishing both pasta. Hopefully he won’t get fat by going out with me. 
 
Brown Butter Sardine Crumb from Columbus Coffee Co.
 
Columbus Coffee Co. is located at:
 
220 Upper Thomson Road
Singapore
 
Nearest MRT: Marymount
 
Opening times:
 
Monday - closed
Tuesday to Saturday - 9AM to 10PM
Sunday - 9AM to 7PM

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment