Singapore Food Log: Urban Mix, One Raffles Place


I can’t believe it happened to me but I’m having a nostalgic longing feeling toward the food at Raffles Place MRT. Well, it’s probably because I have not been there for months when I am unemployed. I mean, who will go to CBD when not working right. The crowd can be madness at times. But there are many dinner options available at the area near the MRT station such as the basement level of One Raffles Place and Chevron House. I know that the Daily Cut seems to be the most favourite amongst Raffles Place office crowd at the moment with its constant bee-line queue at both lunch and dinner times. But this time, I wanna try another type of DIY box from Urban Mix. Similar to the Daily Cut, the ordering start by taking the ordering chit and tick whatever options you’d like to take in your box.




There are two options with the price of SGD 9 for small mix (1 base, 0.5 protein, 1 side salad, 3 toppings, 1 sauce) and SGD 12 for big mix (1 base, 1 protein, 2 side salads, 3 toppings, 1 sauce). I chose the small mix and I think the combination of kimchi fried rice and beer batter dory will be good although I never try this combination before. If you don’t like to scratch your head so much on which item to tick, you can opt for the Urban Mix’s signature bowls too. They have 4 kind of signature bowls such as Gangnam Style, Texas Cowboy, Viva Mexico, L.A. Crossfit and Little Tokyo. I forgot to check how much of this signature bowl costs but I think it will cost around SGD 12?




The choices of the protein seem to be more interesting than the Daily Cut although this probably because I have been eating the Daily Cut for a bit too often. Urban Mix offers some items which I don’t see at any other places such as Korean pork belly and BBQ pulled pork. Pork ftw oink oink. Oops, but today I’m fated with dory not pork.



Drinks are available too from cokes to the fancy coconut water. Hmm, has anyone tried Mexican cola before? Does it take different from the usual cola?



The counter staff was very generous last night, she informed me that by right I should only get 1 piece of beer batter dory because after all I’m only entitled 0.5 protein in my SGD 9 small mix. But she told me that she would give me 2 pieces of beer batter fish instead. Yeay! Overall I love the combination that I chose and turns out the roasted sesame sauce works so good with the beer batter dory and kimchi fried rice. The crab mayo salad tastes yummy too without any weird tangy feel. So yupz, I will definitely be back here whenever I crave for something from Raffles Place.




Urban Mix is located at:
One Raffles Place, #B1-01A


Opening hours:


Monday to Friday: 11AM – 8.30PM
Saturday: 11AM – 3.30PM


Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment