Singapore Food Log: Wok Hey

I have been forever hungry for the past few days I wonder why. I actually ordered bigger portion of cai fan than usual for lunch consist of fried egg, pumpkin, chinese cabbage and ngor hiang (meat roll) with rice but guess what, I was already hungry around 5PM. Am I turning into one hungry monster? Oh wait, maybe I’m all along like that. Anyway there’s no way I can handle having light dinner in this starvation mode so I decided to try Wok Hey for dinner tonight. 
Singapore Food Log: Wok Hey
 
I am so weak against all things fried so the menu offered at Wok Hey kinda give me something to ponder. Fried rice, fried ramen or fried udon hmm. Bae could not stand me taking forever just to choose something out of 4 choices so he suggested udon. I supposed fried udon sounds good. After that, I was in meditation mode to decide whether I want to go for chicken, beef or prawns. I was initially gonna opt for prawns but bae said the prawns that Wok Hey used seems to be the frozen kind. Hmm, I wonder how did he know. Anyway, after that kind of comment, I opted for grilled chicken in the end to go with the fried udon (SGD 6.80). Add ons are available if you don’t want any meats in your order and each add on costs SGD 1. 
 
Menu at Wok Hey in Singapore
 
Since there is no seating area in any Wok Hey outlet that I have seen so far, they serve the food in the takeaway box which looks similar to the Chinese takeaway box used in the States. Maybe the owner of the business get the inspiration from there. It seems to be pretty good packaging though because my udon still warm when I reached home 40 minutes later. 
 
Takeaway box from Wok Hey Singapore
 
Other than the grilled chicken, the udon comes with cabbage and egg and it was quite yummy. You can add some chili but if you want more, you should really tell the person upon ordering. Otherwise, you will end up like me, seeing only a bit of chili given at the corner of the box. Overall, I pretty enjoy the fried udon with grilled chicken. I have not tried fried ramen before so if I’m gonna buy another thing from Wok Hey, I will probably go for the ramen. With beef, maybe? I dunno, let’s see how it goes. 
 
Fried udon with grilled chicken from Wok Hey
Wok Hey have a number of outlets in Singapore but the one that I went today is located at the basement level of Clementi Mall. It opens daily from 11.30AM to 10PM.  

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment