Spring in Taiwan: What to expect during Taiwan Lantern Festival?

Before you decide to pack your bag and head to Taichung to attend Taiwan 2015 Lantern Festival, you may want to know what to expect at the festival. I went to attend one for the year 2013 which happened to be held in Taipei. But since we were lazy to brave the chill spring wind at night, we decided to pop by in the morning instead. The lanterns were of course, not lit up but they are already looking good.

Cute school kids on excursion spotted!

Taiwan Lantern Festival School Excursion
Taipei 101 spotted. 

Taipei 101 Lantern
Mix-up of random cartoon characters spotted. I wonder if we ever gonna see Thomas and friends in lantern forms this year. Every kids that I know are obsessed with that train. 

Random cartoon characters lantern festival Taiwan
Pretty spring flowers spotted. I love spring! 

Taiwan Spring Purple Flowers
Online games characters spotted. Is this game famous? 

League of Legends Lantern Festival Taiwan
Old Chinese Legend spotted. I used to watch this drama on my telly everyday when I was small (and always wonder why the main male character role is acted by a lady). 

The Legend of White Snake Lantern Festival Taiwan
My favourite Journey to the West! The monk looks so cute. H

Journey to the West Lantern Taiwan

If you are interested, do check the lantern festival at Taichung city this year. It'll be even more awesome at night I suppose. Full details can be found here.

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment