I Eat Alone at Saboten Express, Raffles City


I Eat Alone at Saboten Express, Raffles City
Chicken and loin katsu set from Saboten Express
Yummy chicken and loin katsu from Saboten Express
 I am kinda excited to start this new lifestyle breakthrough: eating alone 1x a week without ordering a takeaway. I suppose the older I become, the more embracing I become toward this independent solo lifestyle. Maybe being an introvert helps? Hahaha I’m not really sure to be honest with you but there is something addictive about eating with yourself. 

Of course for this new experience, I will not expose myself to “hostile” environment toward solo dining. So I chose one of the easy restaurants to have my solitude lunching experience, Saboten Express. The non-express outlets of Saboten offer more expensive menu which is kinda outside of my weekday lunch budget but they sure looks so yummylicious though. Okay refocusing on the express version of Saboten here...

Basically Saboten Express is actually designed as a takeaway place but it has few seats (albeit not many) in its small unit in the basement level of Raffles City. It also offers single seats facing...uhm not really the wall, but the partition between Saboten Express and KOI. I’m so tempted to make order of bubble tea via the partition but I suppose they won’t let me order by this backhanded manner. Saboten Express have a few set menu but since I’m a cheapska...ahem, frugal lady (payday still far away), I ordered the cheapest set on the menu i.e. chicken and loin katsu set at SGD 10.90. The set comes with miso soup and green tea (sachet) so I’ll be good for a while here. While it is the cheapest, the chicken and loin katsu taste oh-so-yummy and it comes with Japanese rice, salad, and the fantastic katsu and salad sauce. Yummy yummy~

Since the katsu(s) have been fried beforehand, I don’t have to wait for a long time before my order arrive (yeay!). Plus, since I chose the seat facing the wall, I don’t really have to deal with people staring. But at the same time, I can’t do people-watching too. I suppose there’s always two sides of the same coin. Hahaha. 

VERDICT: Yummy food, seats catered for solo diners, reasonable price, airconditioned, nobody give a look when I take picture of Cony. Saboten Express is approved by anti-social Fel. 

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment