Takeaway Review: Liang Sandwich Bar, Vivo City


Takeaway Review: Liang Sandwich Bar, Vivo City
The making of egg sandwich at Liang Sandwich Bar
Liang Sandwich Bar menu
Sandwich from Liang Sandwich Bar Vivo City
Egg sandwich from Liang Sandwich Bar
Chicken, egg and cheese sandwich from Liang Sandwich Bar
 I thought tomorrow is Friday but turns out there’s Thursday in between us. Oh well, no fret because anyway I would need Thursday to be able to meet my due tasks this week. But in order to spice thing up after work, it’s time for another takeaway review post. Today I went all the way to Vivo City (okay, 2 stops away but changing at Outram Park feels like a very long walk...) to get the egg sandwich from one of the new additions in the basement level, Liang Sandwich Bar. 

If you are familiar with Taiwanese breakfast named dan bing (or scallion sandwich in English), you will see the uncanny resemblance between the sandwich offered at Liang Sandwich Bar and those dan bing sold in Taiwan. If you know about Taiwan entertainment, you will also spot familiar face endorsing the brand, Jay Chou. Oh wait, he also starred in Hollywood movie before so I suppose everyone should know him. 

 The basic scallion sandwich costs SGD 2.50 while the rest of the menu is priced depending on what toppings you wish to put inside your scallion sandwich. While it kinda looks like prata in a glance, I find the scallion sandwich to be more flaky in texture. Oh right for my first try, I ordered chicken, egg and cheese scallion sandwich (SGD 3.90). I usually go for egg and cheese scallion sandwich when I buy scallion pancake from my favourite dan bing stall at Yong Kang street in Taipei and oh boy, I wish I can buy that everyday here in Singapore. 

So can this scallion sandwich endorsed by Taiwanese idol beat the original scallion sandwich sold in Taiwan? The answer is unfortunately no. While the texture is not bad, Liang Sandwich Bar’s scallion pancake lack in flavors. I wish they can be more generous with the sauce because it gets pretty bland when I bite a portion which have no sauce. The chicken in the chicken, egg and cheese sandwich is actually chicken ham and not real chicken meat, fyi. And I suspect they may have used less eggs compared to the ones that the Taiwanese aunties use at Yong Kang street because the sandwich was not that thick. 

Oh gosh, I think my standard for scallion pancake is quite high thanks to that Yong Kang street stall. Great, now I feel like buying a ticket to Taipei. Maybe it’s time to check out flight deal, if any. 

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment