Takeaway Review: Hokkaido Cream Polo, Kazo


Takeaway Review: Hokkaido Cream Polo, Kazo
Polo Puff from Kazo Chinatown Point
Crispy puff and kazu kazu from Kazo Chinatown Point
Polo puff from Kazo at Chinatown Point
Hokkaido Cream Polo Puff from Kazo
Yummy hokkaido cream puff from Kazo
 July is soon coming to an end and my contract in Tanjong Pagar is ticking out. I figure this is the time to implement “try new food as much as you can” while you are still working in town. The thing is I realise that I did try to tighten my wallet when I was not working and looking back at those freedom (and yet, penniless) days, I did not feel like trying out a lot of new food especially that need special effort from me to (a) travel for quite a distance from my house and (b) costs a lot. 

Although to be honest, having a job does not mean you shall splurge either. I have decided to live moderately (and even frugally at times). So with that being said, Tuesday menu for dinner is obviously another takeaway food because eating in front of tv (or in my case, an ipad) rocks! I went to Chinatown at lunch time to buy hazelnut milk tea from woobbee actually and that’s when I passed by Kazo. 

This is not the first time I pass by Kazo but today is the day I finally decide to give it a try. In addition, it’s very tiring to think about what to eat for dinner after a zumba class so I figure I might find something which is good enough to be eaten as dinner. That’s when I saw the huge polo puffs. Compared to Beard Papa, I don’t think the price difference is that huge and the filling of those polo puffs are so interesting. Well, maybe except chocolate. I mean chocolate is good but it’s so normie, there’s no way you will be surprised by chocolate. 

So I chose Hokkaido cream because anything that have the word “Hokkaido” should at least taste good. The funny thing though Kazo is actually set up in Taiwan. Well, some netizen say that Kazo is the direct competitor of Zaku Zaku or something in Japan. So maybe their taste is close enough? I don’t know if Zaku Zaku sells polo puff though. Oh maybe it’s more similar to Hattendo at Tanjong Pagar Centre. 

There is an instruction to keep the puff in the fridge if you don’t consume it within 3 hours after purchase. But, putting food in office’s shared fridge is uhh...undesirable for me because there’s this stone-faced pantry lady who seem to guard the fridge like a hawk. I don’t even feel like coming to the pantry sometimes. Why can’t she be more friendly? Oh well, some people simply can’t get along with certain people. So my puff is left on my table as it is and even withstood the gym locker until it’s time for the puff to be consumed...8 hours later. 

Thankfully, the Hokkaido Cream puff (SGD 3) that I bought still looks okay in terms of texture. For a safe measure, I did put it in the fridge for a good 10 minutes before consumption and it tastes so good. I was kinda worried the cream will not be a lot since the puff looks pretty huge but I was wrong. It was moderately filled and the Hokkaido cream taste is pretty good (albeit sweet). I’m so gonna try the golden lava puff for my second trip to Kazo. Yumz. 

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment