Takeaway Review: Yoshinoya, Bugis Junction

Takeaway review: Yoshinoya, Bugis Junction
Desserts from Yoshinoya at Bugis Junction

Takeaway box of tonkatsu from Yoshinoya Bugis Junction
Tonkatsu from Yoshinoya Bugis Junction

I realise that I have been living a life full of takeaway lunch and dinner boxes so I figure, why not write a review about it instead. Takeaway concept is awesome and I’m so gonna be indebted forever to the first person who making this concept popular and accepted. Especially for someone who loves watching something while eating other things, this is a lifestyle suited for me muahahaha. 

Anyway, since it seems that I have not been to Yoshinoya for ages, I was kinda tempted to see the new look of Yoshinoya outlet at Bugis Junction. The new renovated sleek look of the fast food joint seems to be accompanied with some new additions to their menu like for instance, Yoshinoya has started offering desserts such as cakes. The menu has also gone through some reformation with addition of new dishes which I have never seen before. 

Price-wise, it seems that the new menu does not come with cheap price tag but oh well, nothing is really cheap in Singapore anymore unless you are eating at hawker centre. I decided to buy Yoshinoya’s tonkatsu rice box. I don’t know Yoshinoya really have takeaway box because I always assume that they are famous for selling rice bowls instead of rice boxes but anyway, now they have it. My tonkatsu rice box came with two side dishes i.e. coleslaw and mashed potato and brown tonkatsu sauce. 

Sadly, while the box looks pretty good, the tonkatsu was overfried. I could see it immediately from the color that the tonkatsu is way way overfried. Haizz, why could not they fry a new one instead of giving me this. Thankfully, it was not that tough to bite and oh the mashed potato is pretty good. Better than the coleslaw. But then again, I am not really a fan of coleslaw. 

For the price of SGD 9.90, I don’t think I can accept the fact that my tonkatsu was clearly overfried. Especially since I can get similar tonkatsu from Saboten Express at extra SGD 1 at SGD 10.90. Hmmph. 

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment