10D9N Spring Japan Trip: Hokkaido Bake Cheese Tart, Shinjuku Station

If you have not heard about the latest three-hours queue in ION Orchard in Singapore, maybe you should really come out to town once in a while. This is latest craze in Singapore (apart from salted egg craze I guess) and the high price (SGD 3.50 a piece) does not seem to deter the customers from queuing for that long. If you happen to be in Tokyo or plan to visit Tokyo, you should buy them in Tokyo instead. The same Hokkaido Bake Cheese Tart is situated at Shinjuku Station and despite the need to queue, you can reach the counter within 15 minutes, and not three hours. 

10D9N Spring Japan Trip: Hokkaido Bake Cheese Tart, Shinjuku Station

There is a limit of how many cheese tarts each customer can buy though. One person can only buy maximum of 12 pieces I think. My friend wanted to buy 24 pieces so she asked my help. 

Hokkaido Bake Cheese Tart at Shinjuku Tokyo

But in the middle of our way back to hotel, I saw Starbucks and it seems that they are having limited edition coffee that time. So I asked my friend to try the Coffee & Cream out. 

Starbucks in Shinjuku Tokyo Japan

What is a coffee break without a snack, so I took one tart from my friend's stash. She could not help but doing the same, so she left with 22 pieces. I hope that's enough for her whole family. LOL. 

Coffee and Cream Starbucks Japan

The cheese tart is really good, I kinda understand why people is willing to queue for three hours for this tart. But, I still don't think I want to do that though. Thankfully I've tried them before in Japan. Hehe. The cheese tart stall in Shinjuku Station is located at the exit near to Tokyo Soup Stock. 

Share this:

, , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment